Tower Hamlets is one of the worst boroughs in London for drink driving accidents
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Tower Hamlets has one of the highest numbers of reported drink driving accidents in London, figures reveal.
A total of 20 incidents were logged in the borough in 2016, according to the latest government data compiled by click4reg.co.uk.
Tower Hamlets matched Havering in incidents where a police officer attended the scene, beaten only by Hounslow (26 incidents), Haringey (22) and Lambeth (21).
A further two accidents were caused by drivers “impaired by drugs” at the wheel.
Nearly 400 drink driving accidents were recorded in the capital’s boroughs overall, a 13 per cent rise from the previous year.
Incidents in Tower Hamlets rose by a third, or five accidents, over the period.
You may also want to watch:
London local authorities with the fewest reported drink driving accidents in 2016 were: Islington (three), Kensington and Chelsea (four), and City of London (four).
- 1 'Vexatious charges': MP turns on accusers after acquittal in fraud trial
- 2 Vigil for June Harvey one year on from Bow crane tragedy
- 3 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 4 Poplar MP acquitted of Tower Hamlets housing fraud
- 5 Mum plans to use Raine's Foundation site for new East Park church school
- 6 Home Office pours £1m into tackling drug-related problems in East End
- 7 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 8 Leyton Orient still looking to add one or two new signings
- 9 Dangerously overloaded vans leaving New Spitalfields Market taken off the road
- 10 Unlocked rooms created 'radiation exposure risk' at hospital, inspectors report