Tower Hamlets is one of the worst boroughs in London for drink driving accidents
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Tower Hamlets has one of the highest numbers of reported drink driving accidents in London, figures reveal.
A total of 20 incidents were logged in the borough in 2016, according to the latest government data compiled by click4reg.co.uk.
Tower Hamlets matched Havering in incidents where a police officer attended the scene, beaten only by Hounslow (26 incidents), Haringey (22) and Lambeth (21).
A further two accidents were caused by drivers “impaired by drugs” at the wheel.
Nearly 400 drink driving accidents were recorded in the capital’s boroughs overall, a 13 per cent rise from the previous year.
Incidents in Tower Hamlets rose by a third, or five accidents, over the period.
London local authorities with the fewest reported drink driving accidents in 2016 were: Islington (three), Kensington and Chelsea (four), and City of London (four).
- 1 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 2 Liveable Streets: Councillors remove some Brick Lane closures after 'backlash'
- 3 Housing association apologises after sewage leaks at Isle of Dogs tower blocks
- 4 Single van racks up £36k of fines in Tower Hamlets
- 5 East London man charged with six terrorism offences
- 6 When are Royal Mail's last posting dates for Christmas 2021?
- 7 Man masturbates on Central line train in front of two women
- 8 Leyton Orient could send goalkeeper Sargeant back out on loan
- 9 County lines drug dealer jailed
- 10 Trio accused of Bow Lock murder were 'associates' of victim 'Aqil' Mahdi