Tower Hamlets is one of the worst boroughs in London for drink driving accidents
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Tower Hamlets has one of the highest numbers of reported drink driving accidents in London, figures reveal.
A total of 20 incidents were logged in the borough in 2016, according to the latest government data compiled by click4reg.co.uk.
Tower Hamlets matched Havering in incidents where a police officer attended the scene, beaten only by Hounslow (26 incidents), Haringey (22) and Lambeth (21).
A further two accidents were caused by drivers “impaired by drugs” at the wheel.
Nearly 400 drink driving accidents were recorded in the capital’s boroughs overall, a 13 per cent rise from the previous year.
Incidents in Tower Hamlets rose by a third, or five accidents, over the period.
You may also want to watch:
London local authorities with the fewest reported drink driving accidents in 2016 were: Islington (three), Kensington and Chelsea (four), and City of London (four).
- 1 Mother and son taken to hospital during "severe" fire in Bow
- 2 Patient group set up over allegations of 'poor care' at Royal London
- 3 Beer gardens reopening with face masks, sanitisers and cobblestones
- 4 Volunteers take food for Ramadan to neighbours on Isle of Dogs
- 5 Jailed: drug dealer who rammed police with stolen car to escape
- 6 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 7 Here's why people stay longer in the East End despite the crime
- 8 Hundreds of customers descend on reopened retailers
- 9 'Torrent of hate' stalker tweeted pictures of victim on social media
- 10 New street market coming to Docklands is Will's passion