Road rage hunt for men who beat up minicab driver after car prang in Bethnal Green
- Credit: MPS
Detectives investigating a road rage attack in London’s East End have today issued images from CCTV of two men who dragged a minicab driver from his vehicle after a minor prang and beat him unconscious.
Police were called to Cambridge Heath Road at around 10pm on July 12 after the attack at the traffic-lights outside Bethnal Green Underground station.
The 36-year-old minicab driver travelling south had stopped at the lights on the corner of Roman Road when the two men got out of a car nearby and dragged from the vehicle—then punched him in the face and knocked unconscious.
A passer-by raised the alarm and the minicab driver was taken to the Royal London Hospital by ambulance and treated for face injuries before being released.
The two men are described as a light-skinned black, in their 20s, one about 5ft 8ins tall, medium build and clean shaven, the other 6ft 3ins and slim build, both wearing dark clothing.
Police are appealing for witnesses who saw the July 12 incident at the traffic-lights by Bethnal Green station, or anyone with information, to call 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800-555111.
- 1 Coroner concerned with Barts NHS trust after woman 'unlawfully killed'
- 2 Jailed: Rapist who repeatedly attacked woman in her own home
- 3 Man arrested over two separate rape allegations - one previously unknown to police
- 4 Lib Dem candidate for Tower Hamlets mayor announced
- 5 Come Dine With Me calls on east London restaurants for new show
- 6 Olympian burglary: Men with links to Plaistow and Isle of Dogs wanted
- 7 One per cent council tax rise planned with borough set for balanced budget
- 8 ‘It is not tolerated’: CCTV images released after West Ham game disorder
- 9 Guilty: East London criminals jailed in December 2021
- 10 Wanted: Man known to commit offences on train and tube network