Search for missing EastEnders’ Sian Blake turns to murder hunt after three bodies are found
- Credit: MPS
A search being carried out at the home of missing EastEnders star Sian Blake is now being treated as a murder investigation—after her car was found abandoned at Shoreditch.
Police searching her home at Erith have found three bodies as part of the investigation into the disappearance of the 43-year-old actress and her two children, Scotland Yard confirmed this-afternoon.
“Sadly, we recovered three bodies from the garden of the property,” Det Supt Paul Monk, from the Met’s Homicide and Major Crime Command, said.
“As yet, we have not formally identified the bodies.
“But this is, of course, a significant development and Sian’s family have been informed.
“Our thoughts are with Sian’s family at this time.”
Sian’s silver-beige Renault Scenic was found on Sunday in Calvert Avenue, off Shoreditch High Street, it emerged today. It is not known why the vehicle was parked there and by whom.
- 1 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op
- 2 Jailed: Rapist who repeatedly attacked woman in her own home
- 3 Coroner concerned with Barts NHS trust after woman 'unlawfully killed'
- 4 Burial and cremation fees rise at City of London Cemetery and Crematorium
- 5 An afternoon you will remember: Alcohol-free comedy club returns to east London
- 6 Man arrested over two separate rape allegations - one previously unknown to police
- 7 Lib Dem candidate for Tower Hamlets mayor announced
- 8 One per cent council tax rise planned with borough set for balanced budget
- 9 'Government should rethink their plans': Masks still required on TfL
- 10 Wrap a Hug: baby slings bring east London parents together
Sian has been missing for three weeks with her sons Zachary, aged eight, and Amon, four.
She was last seen on December 13 visiting family in Leyton, but hasn’t been seen since.
Detectives are also concerned for the welfare of Sian’s partner Arthur Simpson-Kent, 48, the children’s dad, who has not been seen since December 16 when officers spoke to him at the family home.
The investigation to find the family is being treated as a high-risk missing persons inquiry, with homicide detectives now drafted in.
A Scotland Yard statement said: “Detectives retain an open mind concerning the circumstances of the family’s disappearance. Consideration has been given to whether they may have become victims of a crime. This is one line of enquiry.”
Officers visited the family home on December 16, following information from another organisation, and spoke to Mr Simpson-Kent.
Sian and her children were reported missing after that.
Mr Simpson-Kent was subsequently reported as “a high-risk missing person” when officers were unable to contact him later.
The police statement added: “This is now a murder investigation and as such we urge anyone who can help our investigation to call us.”
Detectives want anyone who knows where Mr Simpson-Kent is or knows his movements since December 16, or anyone who has seen Sian and her children or may know their movements since December 13, to call 020-8721 4805.