Second arrest after cemetery killing in Mile End
- Credit: Met Police
A man has been arrested on suspicion of murder after Ranjith Kankanamalage died in a cemetery in Mile End in August.
The 41-year-old was arrested on Wednesday (October 27), and taken into custody, Scotland Yard has confirmed.
Ranjith, who was 50, was found in Tower Hamlets Cemetery Park in Southern Grove at 7am on August 16.
An ambulance was called and fast response paramedics arrived.
But Ranjith, also known as Roy, was pronounced dead at the scene. A post-mortem examination later found the cause of death to be a blunt force trauma to the head.
A 36-year-old man previously arrested in connection with his death has been released on bail to mid-November, while police investigations continue.
- 1 Single van racks up £36k of fines in Tower Hamlets
- 2 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 3 Delayed Canary Wharf 'portacabin' hotel hopes to open in 2022
- 4 County lines drug dealer jailed
- 5 Possible travel disruptions for central London this week
- 6 Liveable Streets: Councillors remove some Brick Lane closures after 'backlash'
- 7 Free vegan food at Spitalfields Market
- 8 Housing association apologises after sewage leaks at Isle of Dogs tower blocks
- 9 Trio accused of Bow Lock murder were 'associates' of victim 'Aqil' Mahdi
- 10 East London man charged with six terrorism offences