Second woman, 57, stabbed in Bow in incident linked to knife attack on female in her 60s
- Credit: Archant
A second woman has been stabbed in Bow in an attack which detectives believe could be linked to similar incident on Friday.
The 57-year-old was stabbed a number of times in Parnell Road yesterday just before 8.30pm.
She was rushed to hospital where her injuries have not been deemed as life-threatening.
Officers are linking the stabbing to an attack on Friday were a woman in her 60s was knifed next to a children’s playground along a path that runs between Legion Terrace and Garrison Road on at around 9.50pm.
A 36-year-old man was today arrest on suspicion of two counts of attempted murder and he is being questioned by detectives.
You may also want to watch:
A 51-year-old man was arrested yesterday on suspicion of GBH and released under investigation pending further enquiries.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police on 101 quoting CAD 6062/26AUG18 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Police officer sacked after criminal conviction
- 2 Man who stabbed teen at Crossharbour station found guilty of murder
- 3 Man in 30s dies after Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 4 Police patrols to increase after fatal Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 5 Concern growing for man last seen at Bow Road station
- 6 Contractors host Macmillan Coffee Morning before Stepney restorations begin
- 7 Sadiq Khan warns of flood threat in east London from climate emergency
- 8 Jailed: Tower Hamlets man who tried to rape another man
- 9 Sentencing of arms dealers set for one year after Isle of Dogs raid
- 10 Jailed: Robbers who targeted OAPs at east London cashpoints