Second woman, 57, stabbed in Bow in incident linked to knife attack on female in her 60s
- Credit: Archant
A second woman has been stabbed in Bow in an attack which detectives believe could be linked to similar incident on Friday.
The 57-year-old was stabbed a number of times in Parnell Road yesterday just before 8.30pm.
She was rushed to hospital where her injuries have not been deemed as life-threatening.
Officers are linking the stabbing to an attack on Friday were a woman in her 60s was knifed next to a children’s playground along a path that runs between Legion Terrace and Garrison Road on at around 9.50pm.
A 36-year-old man was today arrest on suspicion of two counts of attempted murder and he is being questioned by detectives.
You may also want to watch:
A 51-year-old man was arrested yesterday on suspicion of GBH and released under investigation pending further enquiries.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police on 101 quoting CAD 6062/26AUG18 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 2 Jailed: drug dealer who rammed police with stolen car to escape
- 3 Beer gardens reopening with face marks, sanitisers and cobblestones
- 4 Boxpark reopening in Shoreditch with face masks and Covid hygiene measures
- 5 Housing protest at Shadwell's Watney Market over service charges hike
- 6 Hundreds of customers descend on reopened retailers
- 7 New street market coming to Docklands is Will's passion
- 8 East End pays tribute to Prince Philip
- 9 Opposing 'privatisation of NHS by stealth'
- 10 Jailed: Smash-and-grab perfume raiders get 18 years between them