Second woman, 57, stabbed in Bow in incident linked to knife attack on female in her 60s
- Credit: Archant
A second woman has been stabbed in Bow in an attack which detectives believe could be linked to similar incident on Friday.
The 57-year-old was stabbed a number of times in Parnell Road yesterday just before 8.30pm.
She was rushed to hospital where her injuries have not been deemed as life-threatening.
Officers are linking the stabbing to an attack on Friday were a woman in her 60s was knifed next to a children’s playground along a path that runs between Legion Terrace and Garrison Road on at around 9.50pm.
A 36-year-old man was today arrest on suspicion of two counts of attempted murder and he is being questioned by detectives.
You may also want to watch:
A 51-year-old man was arrested yesterday on suspicion of GBH and released under investigation pending further enquiries.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police on 101 quoting CAD 6062/26AUG18 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 5 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 6 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 7 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 8 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 9 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 10 Pressure on government to provide laptops for lockdown learning