Sentencing of Bethnal Green road rage knifeman adjourned for psychiatric reports
- Credit: Archant
The sentencing of a man filmed waving a knife at a van driver in Bethnal Green has been adjourned for psychiatric reports.
Keith Driver was due to be sentenced last Friday at Snaresbrook Crown Court after he admitted possession of a knife and a public order offence following the road rage incident in Temple Street on December 16.
A video showing Driver brandishing the knife was uploaded on social media websites and was shared thousands of times by users.
Driver threatens one of the two men in the van and screams obscenities before he pulls out the knife and jabs at the window.
He is also seen kicking the door of the vehicle several times.
You may also want to watch:
The 50-year-old, of Cobden House in Nelson Gardens, Bethnal Green, appeared before Thames Magistrates’ Court last month and was placed on a curfew ahead of sentencing.
He is now due to be sentenced at Snaresbrook Crown Court on February 15.
- 1 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 2 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 3 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End
- 4 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 5 New pizza restaurant opening with drag and disco party
- 6 Why TfL won't restart the night tube on Jubilee line just yet
- 7 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 8 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 9 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 10 Police officers save lives in two sperate emergencies on same shift