Sentencing of Bethnal Green road rage knifeman adjourned for psychiatric reports
- Credit: Archant
The sentencing of a man filmed waving a knife at a van driver in Bethnal Green has been adjourned for psychiatric reports.
Keith Driver was due to be sentenced last Friday at Snaresbrook Crown Court after he admitted possession of a knife and a public order offence following the road rage incident in Temple Street on December 16.
A video showing Driver brandishing the knife was uploaded on social media websites and was shared thousands of times by users.
Driver threatens one of the two men in the van and screams obscenities before he pulls out the knife and jabs at the window.
He is also seen kicking the door of the vehicle several times.
You may also want to watch:
The 50-year-old, of Cobden House in Nelson Gardens, Bethnal Green, appeared before Thames Magistrates’ Court last month and was placed on a curfew ahead of sentencing.
He is now due to be sentenced at Snaresbrook Crown Court on February 15.
- 1 Mother and son taken to hospital during "severe" fire in Bow
- 2 Beer gardens reopening with face masks, sanitisers and cobblestones
- 3 Patient group set up over allegations of 'poor care' at Royal London
- 4 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 5 Jailed: drug dealer who rammed police with stolen car to escape
- 6 Volunteers take food for Ramadan to neighbours on Isle of Dogs
- 7 Hundreds of customers descend on reopened retailers
- 8 Here's why people stay longer in the East End despite the crime
- 9 New street market coming to Docklands is Will's passion
- 10 East End pays tribute to Prince Philip