Serial robber who hit Isle of Dogs businesses jailed
A serial robber who preyed on businesses in the Isle of Dogs area has been jailed.
Robert Vaughan, 25, targeted a wine warehouse in Blackwall Way on the Isle of Dogs twice and made off with around �1,500 during one of the hits last summer.
He had shown staff a knife before taking the cash from the till and safe.
Later in the year, he targeted a hotel in Baffin Way, Poplar, again showing a knife, and took �200.
He went back to the same business a month later in October but was soon arrested by officers nearby.
You may also want to watch:
Tower Hamlets Police said in a statement: “Once in custody he was quickly linked with other offences based on CCTV evidence and identification procedures conducted later with the co-operation of witnesses.”
Vaughan, of Waverton House, Jodrell Road, Bow was jailed for three years and four months at Snaresbrook Crown Court last Thursday after pleading guilty to nine counts – one of theft, four of robbery and four of possession of a blade.
- 1 Jailed: drug dealer who rammed police with stolen car to escape
- 2 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 3 Beer gardens reopening with face marks, sanitisers and cobblestones
- 4 Boxpark reopening in Shoreditch with face masks and Covid hygiene measures
- 5 Housing protest at Shadwell's Watney Market over service charges hike
- 6 New street market coming to Docklands is Will's passion
- 7 Hundreds of customers descend on reopened retailers
- 8 East End pays tribute to Prince Philip
- 9 'Torrent of hate' stalker tweeted pictures of victim on social media
- 10 Opposing 'privatisation of NHS by stealth'
Det Con Gary Rowlands from Tower Hamlets CID said: “This was a nasty series of robberies and goes to show that anybody who carries a knife for criminal purposes will be caught and prosecuted.”