Serial robber who hit Isle of Dogs businesses jailed
A serial robber who preyed on businesses in the Isle of Dogs area has been jailed.
Robert Vaughan, 25, targeted a wine warehouse in Blackwall Way on the Isle of Dogs twice and made off with around �1,500 during one of the hits last summer.
He had shown staff a knife before taking the cash from the till and safe.
Later in the year, he targeted a hotel in Baffin Way, Poplar, again showing a knife, and took �200.
He went back to the same business a month later in October but was soon arrested by officers nearby.
You may also want to watch:
Tower Hamlets Police said in a statement: “Once in custody he was quickly linked with other offences based on CCTV evidence and identification procedures conducted later with the co-operation of witnesses.”
Vaughan, of Waverton House, Jodrell Road, Bow was jailed for three years and four months at Snaresbrook Crown Court last Thursday after pleading guilty to nine counts – one of theft, four of robbery and four of possession of a blade.
- 1 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 2 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 3 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 4 'Grenfell Tower'-type cladding still not removed from New Providence Wharf after 3 years
- 5 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 6 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 7 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 8 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 9 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 10 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
Det Con Gary Rowlands from Tower Hamlets CID said: “This was a nasty series of robberies and goes to show that anybody who carries a knife for criminal purposes will be caught and prosecuted.”