Serial robber who hit Isle of Dogs businesses jailed
A serial robber who preyed on businesses in the Isle of Dogs area has been jailed.
Robert Vaughan, 25, targeted a wine warehouse in Blackwall Way on the Isle of Dogs twice and made off with around �1,500 during one of the hits last summer.
He had shown staff a knife before taking the cash from the till and safe.
Later in the year, he targeted a hotel in Baffin Way, Poplar, again showing a knife, and took �200.
He went back to the same business a month later in October but was soon arrested by officers nearby.
You may also want to watch:
Tower Hamlets Police said in a statement: “Once in custody he was quickly linked with other offences based on CCTV evidence and identification procedures conducted later with the co-operation of witnesses.”
Vaughan, of Waverton House, Jodrell Road, Bow was jailed for three years and four months at Snaresbrook Crown Court last Thursday after pleading guilty to nine counts – one of theft, four of robbery and four of possession of a blade.
- 1 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 2 Why some families can't leave Bow's 'dangerous structure' tower block
- 3 Two hospitalised as 60 firefighters tackle blaze in Stratford
- 4 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 5 Trees planted to remember people who died of Covid in the East End
- 6 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 7 Fast food! Lewis Hamilton-backed chain opening east London branches
- 8 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 9 O's will need a much improved display against leaders Forest Green
- 10 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
Det Con Gary Rowlands from Tower Hamlets CID said: “This was a nasty series of robberies and goes to show that anybody who carries a knife for criminal purposes will be caught and prosecuted.”