Serial robber who hit Isle of Dogs businesses jailed
A serial robber who preyed on businesses in the Isle of Dogs area has been jailed.
Robert Vaughan, 25, targeted a wine warehouse in Blackwall Way on the Isle of Dogs twice and made off with around �1,500 during one of the hits last summer.
He had shown staff a knife before taking the cash from the till and safe.
Later in the year, he targeted a hotel in Baffin Way, Poplar, again showing a knife, and took �200.
He went back to the same business a month later in October but was soon arrested by officers nearby.
You may also want to watch:
Tower Hamlets Police said in a statement: “Once in custody he was quickly linked with other offences based on CCTV evidence and identification procedures conducted later with the co-operation of witnesses.”
Vaughan, of Waverton House, Jodrell Road, Bow was jailed for three years and four months at Snaresbrook Crown Court last Thursday after pleading guilty to nine counts – one of theft, four of robbery and four of possession of a blade.
- 1 Poplar MP tells court: 'I fled home when brother said I was possessed'
- 2 Leyton Orient boss Jackett full of praise for Sotiriou after Magpies win
- 3 Ice cream parlour with 'no added sugar' to open in Canary Wharf
- 4 Community patrols to stamp out Poplar's street crime
- 5 Fire Brigade deluged with calls for help as floods sweep east London
- 6 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 7 John McDonnell is character witness for Poplar MP accused of housing fraud
- 8 Driver demo blocks Uber's Whitechapel HQ in termination appeals dispute
- 9 Nine Tower Hamlets secondary schools rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 10 MP reported ex-husband to police for alleged 'harassment', trial hears
Det Con Gary Rowlands from Tower Hamlets CID said: “This was a nasty series of robberies and goes to show that anybody who carries a knife for criminal purposes will be caught and prosecuted.”