Serial robber who hit Isle of Dogs businesses jailed
A serial robber who preyed on businesses in the Isle of Dogs area has been jailed.
Robert Vaughan, 25, targeted a wine warehouse in Blackwall Way on the Isle of Dogs twice and made off with around �1,500 during one of the hits last summer.
He had shown staff a knife before taking the cash from the till and safe.
Later in the year, he targeted a hotel in Baffin Way, Poplar, again showing a knife, and took �200.
He went back to the same business a month later in October but was soon arrested by officers nearby.
Tower Hamlets Police said in a statement: “Once in custody he was quickly linked with other offences based on CCTV evidence and identification procedures conducted later with the co-operation of witnesses.”
Vaughan, of Waverton House, Jodrell Road, Bow was jailed for three years and four months at Snaresbrook Crown Court last Thursday after pleading guilty to nine counts – one of theft, four of robbery and four of possession of a blade.
- 1 Whitechapel dessert shop fined over £5,000 for dumping waste
- 2 How many Covid patients are there in east London hospitals this week?
- 3 Two teenagers charged after 12 phones nicked in stealing spree
- 4 TfL consultation opens on plans to extend ULEZ into Greater London
- 5 Cyclist in 'critical but stable' condition after Whitechapel lorry crash
- 6 Cyclist in hospital after lorry collision in Whitechapel
- 7 Thunderstorms to hit London this evening warns Met Office
- 8 Section 60 in place across Tower Hamlets after Stepney stabbing
- 9 Whitechapel nun pens book of 12 stories to inspire selflessness in society
- 10 Jailed: 9 east London offenders put behind bars in April
Det Con Gary Rowlands from Tower Hamlets CID said: “This was a nasty series of robberies and goes to show that anybody who carries a knife for criminal purposes will be caught and prosecuted.”