Serial Tower Hamlets knife-point robber jailed indefinitely
A man has been jailed indefinitely for a series of knife-point robberies.
Mohammed Attaur Rahman, 33, would follow his victims away from built-up areas before threatening and robbing them of their belongings.
Police in Tower Hamlets, where the robberies occurred, became aware of the pattern in July last year and the Serious and Acquisitive Crime unit began an investigation.
They put out patrols and trawled through hundreds of hours of CCTV footage from across the borough before identifying Rahman.
On Friday Rahman, of Bradbury Street, Dalston, pleaded guilty to four counts of robbery at Snaresbrook Crown Court and was sentenced to indeterminate imprisonment for public protection with at least three and a half years.
You may also want to watch:
Det Insp Mike Duncan of the Serious and Acquisitive crime unit said, “This was a series of knife enabled robberies which have had a significant impact on the victims.”
- 1 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 2 Why some families can't leave Bow's 'dangerous structure' tower block
- 3 Two hospitalised as 60 firefighters tackle blaze in Stratford
- 4 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 5 Trees planted to remember people who died of Covid in the East End
- 6 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 7 Fast food! Lewis Hamilton-backed chain opening east London branches
- 8 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 9 O's will need a much improved display against leaders Forest Green
- 10 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020