Shadwell man in court over terrorism and fraud offences
- Credit: Archant
A man from Shadwell is among six appearing at Westminster Magistrates’ Court today charged with terrorism and fraud offences.
Simon Keeler, 43, of Solander Gardens, was charged with preparation and assisting others in acts of terrorism, support of a proscribed organisation and conspiracy to possess false identity documents.
Michael Coe, 33, of Central Park Road, East Ham and Anthony Small, 33, of Southend Lane, Sydenham, were also charged with the same offences.
In addition, Zagum Perviaz, 35, of Frinton Road, East Ham and Hamzah Safdar, 24, of Cecil Road, Upton Park, were charged with conspiring to possess and produce false identity documents.
Abdulraouf Eshati, 28, of no fixed address, was charged with possession of articles in relation to the commission, preparation and instigation of acts of terrorism as well as offences under the Immigration Act 1971.
You may also want to watch:
All six men were charged following arrests by Counter Terrorism Command officers on November 30 and December 1 and 4.
- 1 Jailed: drug dealer who rammed police with stolen car to escape
- 2 East End pays tribute to Prince Philip
- 3 Housing protest at Shadwell's Watney Market over service charges hike
- 4 Boxpark reopening in Shoreditch with face masks and Covid hygiene measures
- 5 Woman from Limehouse charged after Kill the Bill protest
- 6 Pictures: Remembering Prince Philip's visits to east London
- 7 Fire crews fight blaze in railway arch in Bow
- 8 'Torrent of hate' stalker tweeted pictures of victim on social media
- 9 Jailed: Smash-and-grab perfume raiders get 18 years between them
- 10 New street market coming to Docklands is Will's passion