Shadwell man in court over terrorism and fraud offences
- Credit: Archant
A man from Shadwell is among six appearing at Westminster Magistrates’ Court today charged with terrorism and fraud offences.
Simon Keeler, 43, of Solander Gardens, was charged with preparation and assisting others in acts of terrorism, support of a proscribed organisation and conspiracy to possess false identity documents.
Michael Coe, 33, of Central Park Road, East Ham and Anthony Small, 33, of Southend Lane, Sydenham, were also charged with the same offences.
In addition, Zagum Perviaz, 35, of Frinton Road, East Ham and Hamzah Safdar, 24, of Cecil Road, Upton Park, were charged with conspiring to possess and produce false identity documents.
Abdulraouf Eshati, 28, of no fixed address, was charged with possession of articles in relation to the commission, preparation and instigation of acts of terrorism as well as offences under the Immigration Act 1971.
You may also want to watch:
All six men were charged following arrests by Counter Terrorism Command officers on November 30 and December 1 and 4.
- 1 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 2 Nine Tower Hamlets secondary schools rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 3 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 4 MP reported ex-husband to police for alleged 'harassment', trial hears
- 5 East London road and rail disruptions to travel this weekend
- 6 Man arrested following triple stabbing in Isle of Dogs
- 7 Poplar and Limehouse MP's trial on housing fraud charges set to start
- 8 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 9 'Laughing gas central': Call for action on antisocial behaviour
- 10 No arrests after triple stabbing in Isle of Dogs