Shisha bar in Wapping raided by police
- Credit: Archant
A shisha bar was raided by police and shut down after months of reports of antisocial behaviour at the venue.
Pipes and other paraphernalia were piled up on the street outside as officers working with the planning enforcement team from Tower Hamlets Council cleared the bar in Wapping before boarding it up.
Sgt Jak Bentley, of the Shadwell Safer Neighbourhood Team, led the raid at the bar in Pennington Street just before 7.30am on March 4.
Sgt Bentley said the warrant was executed in relation to allegations of “drugs and antisocial behaviour” at the bar.
“I’m hoping that this warrant will have a large impact on the problems suffered by Wapping and Shadwell residents,” he added.
You may also want to watch:
Shisha is flavoured tobacco, which is shared by smokers using a large communal hookah pipe that is usually set on a table in front of them.
- 1 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 2 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 3 Police officers save lives in two sperate emergencies on same shift
- 4 'Utterly horrific': Tower Hamlets MPs react to Sir David Amess stabbing
- 5 £18,000 awarded to Bethnal Green church to bring loo up to scratch
- 6 Lock-up garage space in Spitalfields used for social housing
- 7 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 8 Prison sentence increased for 'violent and dangerous' man
- 9 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 10 Volunteers patrol streets after Isle of Dogs fatal stabbing