Shisha bar in Wapping raided by police
- Credit: Archant
A shisha bar was raided by police and shut down after months of reports of antisocial behaviour at the venue.
Pipes and other paraphernalia were piled up on the street outside as officers working with the planning enforcement team from Tower Hamlets Council cleared the bar in Wapping before boarding it up.
Sgt Jak Bentley, of the Shadwell Safer Neighbourhood Team, led the raid at the bar in Pennington Street just before 7.30am on March 4.
Sgt Bentley said the warrant was executed in relation to allegations of “drugs and antisocial behaviour” at the bar.
“I’m hoping that this warrant will have a large impact on the problems suffered by Wapping and Shadwell residents,” he added.
You may also want to watch:
Shisha is flavoured tobacco, which is shared by smokers using a large communal hookah pipe that is usually set on a table in front of them.
- 1 Jury sent home for the day in MP Apsana Begum's trial on housing fraud charges
- 2 Jailed: Cyclist who rode off after fatal collision with 'gentleman', 72
- 3 Leyton Orient sign Theo Archibald on loan from Lincoln City
- 4 Highest point reached on new homes in disused Bethnal Green car park
- 5 Leyton Orient still looking to add one or two new signings
- 6 Unlocked rooms created 'radiation exposure risk' at hospital, inspectors report
- 7 Poplar MP tells court: 'I fled home when brother said I was possessed'
- 8 Home Office pours £1m into tackling drug-related problems in East End
- 9 Bidding for Harry Kane's signed jersey open in Wapping Youth FC auction
- 10 Community patrols to stamp out Poplar's street crime