Shooting in Bromley-by-Bow leaves 42-year-old man in critical condition
A 42-year-old man is in a critical condition in hospital after being shot in Bromley-by-Bow on Friday night.
Police were called to Rounton Road at around 10.20pm to reports of shots being fired and at the scene found a man suffering from multiple gunshot wounds.
London Ambulance Service and Air Ambulance also attended the scene and the man was taken to an east London hospital where he remains in a critical condition.
No arrests have been made so far and detectives from the Met’s Operation Trident, which tackles gun crime in the capital, are investigating.
One man was arrested at the scene on suspicion of being concerned in the supply of drugs but this is not believed to be connected to the shooting.
He has been bailed to return.
Anyone with information regarding the shooting can call police on 0300 123 1212 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 East London boroughs lag behind rest of country for Covid booster uptake
- 2 Ranjith Kankanamalage death: Man charged with murder
- 3 Jailed: Man who robbed and blackmailed men he met on Grindr
- 4 Councillor says he 'hopes to lose' next election
- 5 Travel disruptions: Hackney, Islington, Tower Hamlets, Newham
- 6 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op
- 7 Jailed: Rapist who repeatedly attacked woman in her own home
- 8 Lib Dem candidate for Tower Hamlets mayor announced
- 9 Olympian burglary: Men with links to Plaistow and Isle of Dogs wanted
- 10 ‘Manhattanisation’ of Isle of Dogs concerns residents