Shooting in Bromley-by-Bow leaves 42-year-old man in critical condition
A 42-year-old man is in a critical condition in hospital after being shot in Bromley-by-Bow on Friday night.
Police were called to Rounton Road at around 10.20pm to reports of shots being fired and at the scene found a man suffering from multiple gunshot wounds.
London Ambulance Service and Air Ambulance also attended the scene and the man was taken to an east London hospital where he remains in a critical condition.
No arrests have been made so far and detectives from the Met’s Operation Trident, which tackles gun crime in the capital, are investigating.
One man was arrested at the scene on suspicion of being concerned in the supply of drugs but this is not believed to be connected to the shooting.
You may also want to watch:
He has been bailed to return.
Anyone with information regarding the shooting can call police on 0300 123 1212 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 3 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 5 Leyton Orient announce partnership with Hartford Athletic
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 7 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 10 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns