Shooting in Bromley-by-Bow leaves 42-year-old man in critical condition
A 42-year-old man is in a critical condition in hospital after being shot in Bromley-by-Bow on Friday night.
Police were called to Rounton Road at around 10.20pm to reports of shots being fired and at the scene found a man suffering from multiple gunshot wounds.
London Ambulance Service and Air Ambulance also attended the scene and the man was taken to an east London hospital where he remains in a critical condition.
No arrests have been made so far and detectives from the Met’s Operation Trident, which tackles gun crime in the capital, are investigating.
One man was arrested at the scene on suspicion of being concerned in the supply of drugs but this is not believed to be connected to the shooting.
You may also want to watch:
He has been bailed to return.
Anyone with information regarding the shooting can call police on 0300 123 1212 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Patient group set up over allegations of 'poor care' at Royal London
- 2 Jailed: Teenagers who left victim blind in one eye after train stabbing
- 3 Brick Lane's famous bagel shop launches delivery service
- 4 Canary Wharf floats idea for new green restaurant on water
- 5 MPs pledge to fight on for 'forgotten victims' of IRA Canary Wharf bombing
- 6 Updated appeal for information about man last seen in Poplar in January
- 7 New street market coming to Docklands is Will's passion
- 8 Fire crews fight blaze at pub in Hackney Wick
- 9 Jailed: drug dealer who rammed police with stolen car to escape
- 10 Mother and son taken to hospital during "severe" fire in Bow