Shooting in Bromley-by-Bow leaves 42-year-old man in critical condition
A 42-year-old man is in a critical condition in hospital after being shot in Bromley-by-Bow on Friday night.
Police were called to Rounton Road at around 10.20pm to reports of shots being fired and at the scene found a man suffering from multiple gunshot wounds.
London Ambulance Service and Air Ambulance also attended the scene and the man was taken to an east London hospital where he remains in a critical condition.
No arrests have been made so far and detectives from the Met’s Operation Trident, which tackles gun crime in the capital, are investigating.
One man was arrested at the scene on suspicion of being concerned in the supply of drugs but this is not believed to be connected to the shooting.
You may also want to watch:
He has been bailed to return.
Anyone with information regarding the shooting can call police on 0300 123 1212 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Jury sent home for the day in MP Apsana Begum's trial on housing fraud charges
- 2 Jailed: Cyclist who rode off after fatal collision with 'gentleman', 72
- 3 Highest point reached on new homes in disused Bethnal Green car park
- 4 Leyton Orient sign Theo Archibald on loan from Lincoln City
- 5 Leyton Orient still looking to add one or two new signings
- 6 Unlocked rooms created 'radiation exposure risk' at hospital, inspectors report
- 7 Poplar MP tells court: 'I fled home when brother said I was possessed'
- 8 Home Office pours £1m into tackling drug-related problems in East End
- 9 Community patrols to stamp out Poplar's street crime
- 10 Tower Hamlets strike called off after turnout for union ballot is too low