Witness appeal: Man fighting for life after Homerton shooting Sunday night
- Credit: MPS
A man is fighting for his life in hospital as detectives comb east London following a shooting last night when three men were wounded.
Police have cordoned off the crime scene in Homerton High Street where the triple shooting took place around 10.45pm.
Officers from the Met’s Central East Command covering Tower Hamlets and neighbouring Hackney have joined detectives from the Met’s Trident specialist crime command and are appealing today for witnesses and information.
They arrived along with ambulance paramedics and found the three men with gunshot injuries.
One victim who is 24 is in a life-threatening condition today, Scotland Yard has confirmed.
You may also want to watch:
The other two, aged 60 and 32, were also taken to hospital but don’t have life-threatening or life-changing injuries.
Police want to speak with anyone who has information about shooting or saw anything suspicious. They are urging them to call 101, quoting reference 7463/11OCT, or to call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
A crime scene is in place with “an enhanced police presence in the area”. There have been no arrests so far as the police hunt continues.
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 3 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 4 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 5 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 7 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 10 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week