Sian Blake: Partner of EastEnders actress charged with her murder
- Credit: PA
Sian Blake’s partner has been charged with the murders of the ex-EastEnders actress and their two children, police have said.
Arthur Simpson-Kent, 48, was arrested by Metropolitan Police officers at Heathrow Airport after arriving on a flight from Ghana. He has been taken to a west London police station.
Ms Blake and her sons Zachary, eight, and four-year-old Amon vanished on December 13. Police launched a murder probe after her car was found abandoned in Bethnal Green on January 3.
The bodies of all three were found buried in the garden of their family home in south-east London two days later.
Simpson-Kent, Ms Blake’s boyfriend, returned to the UK after agreeing to be extradited from the African country. The hairdresser left the country days after the trio were reported missing.
You may also want to watch:
Scotland Yard is being investigated by the police watchdog for the way it handled the missing persons inquiry and why it took more than three weeks to find the bodies of Ms Blake and her sons.
The back garden of the house was only thoroughly searched in early January after murder squad detectives were called in.
- 1 Poplar MP tells court: 'I fled home when brother said I was possessed'
- 2 Leyton Orient still looking to add one or two new signings
- 3 John McDonnell is character witness for Poplar MP accused of housing fraud
- 4 Leyton Orient boss Jackett full of praise for Sotiriou after Magpies win
- 5 Driver demo blocks Uber's Whitechapel HQ in termination appeals dispute
- 6 Community patrols to stamp out Poplar's street crime
- 7 Ice cream parlour with 'no added sugar' to open in Canary Wharf
- 8 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 9 Youthful Orient side nab a draw away to Dulwich Hamlet
- 10 Nine Tower Hamlets secondary schools rated outstanding by Ofsted
Ms Blake played Frankie Pierre in 56 episodes of EastEnders between 1996 and 1997. She was suffering from motor neurone disease before she died.