Sian Blake: Partner of EastEnders actress charged with her murder
- Credit: PA
Sian Blake’s partner has been charged with the murders of the ex-EastEnders actress and their two children, police have said.
Arthur Simpson-Kent, 48, was arrested by Metropolitan Police officers at Heathrow Airport after arriving on a flight from Ghana. He has been taken to a west London police station.
Ms Blake and her sons Zachary, eight, and four-year-old Amon vanished on December 13. Police launched a murder probe after her car was found abandoned in Bethnal Green on January 3.
The bodies of all three were found buried in the garden of their family home in south-east London two days later.
Simpson-Kent, Ms Blake’s boyfriend, returned to the UK after agreeing to be extradited from the African country. The hairdresser left the country days after the trio were reported missing.
You may also want to watch:
Scotland Yard is being investigated by the police watchdog for the way it handled the missing persons inquiry and why it took more than three weeks to find the bodies of Ms Blake and her sons.
The back garden of the house was only thoroughly searched in early January after murder squad detectives were called in.
- 1 Jailed: drug dealer who rammed police with stolen car to escape
- 2 East End pays tribute to Prince Philip
- 3 Housing protest at Shadwell's Watney Market over service charges hike
- 4 Pictures: Remembering Prince Philip's visits to east London
- 5 Boxpark reopening in Shoreditch with face masks and Covid hygiene measures
- 6 Woman from Limehouse charged after Kill the Bill protest
- 7 Fire crews fight blaze in railway arch in Bow
- 8 Appeal for dashcam footage following stabbing in Stepney churchyard
- 9 New street market coming to Docklands is Will's passion
- 10 'Torrent of hate' stalker tweeted pictures of victim on social media
Ms Blake played Frankie Pierre in 56 episodes of EastEnders between 1996 and 1997. She was suffering from motor neurone disease before she died.