Sian Blake: Partner of EastEnders actress charged with her murder
- Credit: PA
Sian Blake’s partner has been charged with the murders of the ex-EastEnders actress and their two children, police have said.
Arthur Simpson-Kent, 48, was arrested by Metropolitan Police officers at Heathrow Airport after arriving on a flight from Ghana. He has been taken to a west London police station.
Ms Blake and her sons Zachary, eight, and four-year-old Amon vanished on December 13. Police launched a murder probe after her car was found abandoned in Bethnal Green on January 3.
The bodies of all three were found buried in the garden of their family home in south-east London two days later.
Simpson-Kent, Ms Blake’s boyfriend, returned to the UK after agreeing to be extradited from the African country. The hairdresser left the country days after the trio were reported missing.
You may also want to watch:
Scotland Yard is being investigated by the police watchdog for the way it handled the missing persons inquiry and why it took more than three weeks to find the bodies of Ms Blake and her sons.
The back garden of the house was only thoroughly searched in early January after murder squad detectives were called in.
- 1 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 2 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End
- 3 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 4 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 7 Ruel Sotiriou has a big role to play for Leyton Orient says boss Jackett
- 8 Man found stabbed on board night bus
- 9 Kitchen blaze sees warning issued over 'strange noises' from appliances
- 10 'Ballet at its absolute best' coming to Canary Wharf this weekend
Ms Blake played Frankie Pierre in 56 episodes of EastEnders between 1996 and 1997. She was suffering from motor neurone disease before she died.