Sixteen charged in East End drugs bust
SIXTEEN people have been charged following a two-day drugs bust in the East End.
SIXTEEN people have been charged following a two-day long drugs bust in the East End.
Police swooped on 21 addresses in an intelligence-led operation to tackle the dealing of heroin, crack cocaine and cannabis in the Mile End area.
Eighty officers were involved in the raids, which were a response to information gathered from the community.
A total of 21 people were arrested for various drugs offences on Sunday December 7 and Tuesday 9.
Of those, 16 were charged with offences ranging from possession to supplying Class A and B drugs.
They appeared at Thames Magistrates Court on December 8 and 10 and a number have been remanded in custody to appear at a later date.
- 1 Cyclist in 'critical but stable' condition after Whitechapel lorry crash
- 2 Cyclist in hospital after lorry collision in Whitechapel
- 3 12 stolen phones recovered after stop and search in Hackney
- 4 Thunderstorms to hit London this evening warns Met Office
- 5 Section 60 in place across Tower Hamlets after Stepney stabbing
- 6 Flats under construction in Hackney Wick to be knocked down and rebuilt
- 7 Cycle paths joined up in Aldgate creates 'safe route' through east London
- 8 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 9 'A horrific attack': Man suffers critical head injuries from Shoreditch fight
- 10 Jailed: 9 east London offenders put behind bars in April
PS Michael Redmond, of Mile End Safer Neighbourhoods team, said: “This operation was a response to concerns from residents in this area around suspected drug dealing. There has been widespread support for police action in tackling this issue.”
Furthermore, a 24-year-old man was bailed to return to an east London police station accused of supplying cannabis on January 5 and a 26-year-old on January 20 for possession of CS gas and cannabis.
The following were charged:
Moynul Islam, 18, of Mornington Grove, Mile End with six counts of supplying heroin and cannabis.
Hafijur Rahman, 19, of Wentworth Mews, Mile End with being involved in supplying cocaine
Jahidul Islam, 20, of Loweswater House, Mile End, with supplying cannabis
Zaynur Rahman, 20, of Cavendish Terrace, Tredegar Square, Mile End with supplying cannabis
Alomgir Alam, 20, of Stevens Road, Dagenham with two charges of supplying cannabis and offer to supply heroin
Jahidul Islam, 26, of Genoa House, Ernest Street, Stepney Green with four counts of supply heroin and crack cocaine
Ahmed Hussain, 30, of Compton Close, Mile End with five counts of supplying heroin and crack cocaine
Shoheb Ahmed, 21, of Azov House, Commodore Street, Stepney Green with five counts of offering to supply heroin and crack cocaine
Ashratul Islam, 29, of Brenton Street, Limehouse with two counts of supplying heroin and cocaine
Abdul Hussain, 19, of Collins House, Newby Place, Limehouse with two counts of being involved in the supply of heroin
Stephen Atkins, 50 of Poplar High Street with three counts of supplying heroin and crack cocaine
Five 17-year-olds were also charged for various counts of supplying heroine, crack cocaine and cannabis