Stabbed man saved by staff and punters in Bow pub
A man was given life-saving treatment by staff and punters at a Bow pub on Friday night after he was stabbed in a nearby street.
The 20-year-old, who is currently in a critical condition, ran into the Lord Cardigan in Anglo Road at around 6.40pm.
One woman who was in the pub at the time told of how a regular customer, thought to be a trainee doctor, rushed to his aid along with other members of the public and staff members.
The woman, who did not want to be named, said: “The man ran into the pub for help. There were quite a few people in there and they stemmed the flow of bleeding. The police said if it wasn’t for him running into the pub he might not have survived.”
He is thought to have been stabbed multiple times.
You may also want to watch:
Police cordoned off parts of nearby Mostyne Grove and Tredegar Road.
Det Sgt Robert Brown from the Violent Crime Unit at Limehouse police station said: “There was a commotion outside Sabella Court, Mostyne Grove which may have been seen by many people who are encouraged to come forward with information.”
- 1 Tyrese Omotoye impresses on O's trial as Ouss Cisse looks set to depart
- 2 Tower Hamlets stages Covid jab festival
- 3 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 4 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 5 Vigil for June Harvey one year on from Bow crane tragedy
- 6 From Shoreditch to Las Vegas: New bingo hall for Hackney
- 7 'Vexatious charges': MP turns on accusers after acquittal in fraud trial
- 8 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 9 Mum plans to use Raine's Foundation site for new East Park church school
- 10 Home Office pours £1m into tackling drug-related problems in East End
Tower Hamlets Police said in a statement: “A crime scene was established at the nearby junction of Mostyne Grove and Tredegar Road.”
Anyone with information should call the unit on 0207 275 4772 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 111 555.