Stabbed man saved by staff and punters in Bow pub
A man was given life-saving treatment by staff and punters at a Bow pub on Friday night after he was stabbed in a nearby street.
The 20-year-old, who is currently in a critical condition, ran into the Lord Cardigan in Anglo Road at around 6.40pm.
One woman who was in the pub at the time told of how a regular customer, thought to be a trainee doctor, rushed to his aid along with other members of the public and staff members.
The woman, who did not want to be named, said: “The man ran into the pub for help. There were quite a few people in there and they stemmed the flow of bleeding. The police said if it wasn’t for him running into the pub he might not have survived.”
He is thought to have been stabbed multiple times.
Police cordoned off parts of nearby Mostyne Grove and Tredegar Road.
Det Sgt Robert Brown from the Violent Crime Unit at Limehouse police station said: “There was a commotion outside Sabella Court, Mostyne Grove which may have been seen by many people who are encouraged to come forward with information.”
- 1 Travel bulletin: Islington, Hackney, Tower Hamlets, Newham
- 2 RideLondon 2022: East and central London roads among 100 miles of closures
- 3 Abba Voyage: A spectacular trip into an enchanted world
- 4 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in east London
- 5 Tower Hamlets neighbours must 'temporarily leave' and pay £85k for building repairs
- 6 Maskless passengers on London trains and buses fined 4,000 times
- 7 Appeal: CCTV image released after mosque attacked with bottles
- 8 Whitechapel dessert shop fined over £5,000 for dumping waste
- 9 Girl, 17, held on suspicion of terrorism offences after east London arrest
- 10 Two teenagers charged after 12 phones nicked in stealing spree
Tower Hamlets Police said in a statement: “A crime scene was established at the nearby junction of Mostyne Grove and Tredegar Road.”
Anyone with information should call the unit on 0207 275 4772 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 111 555.