Stabbed man saved by staff and punters in Bow pub
A man was given life-saving treatment by staff and punters at a Bow pub on Friday night after he was stabbed in a nearby street.
The 20-year-old, who is currently in a critical condition, ran into the Lord Cardigan in Anglo Road at around 6.40pm.
One woman who was in the pub at the time told of how a regular customer, thought to be a trainee doctor, rushed to his aid along with other members of the public and staff members.
The woman, who did not want to be named, said: “The man ran into the pub for help. There were quite a few people in there and they stemmed the flow of bleeding. The police said if it wasn’t for him running into the pub he might not have survived.”
He is thought to have been stabbed multiple times.
You may also want to watch:
Police cordoned off parts of nearby Mostyne Grove and Tredegar Road.
Det Sgt Robert Brown from the Violent Crime Unit at Limehouse police station said: “There was a commotion outside Sabella Court, Mostyne Grove which may have been seen by many people who are encouraged to come forward with information.”
- 1 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 2 Luxury Canary Wharf flats going for lower rent set by the council
- 3 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 4 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End
- 5 'Grief and queer coming of age' theatre show to be put on for London Horror Festival
- 6 Go-ahead given for 315 more homes in third stage of Blackwall Reach scheme
- 7 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 8 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 9 Why TfL won't restart the night tube on Jubilee line just yet
- 10 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
Tower Hamlets Police said in a statement: “A crime scene was established at the nearby junction of Mostyne Grove and Tredegar Road.”
Anyone with information should call the unit on 0207 275 4772 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 111 555.