Murder investigation launched in Poplar
- Credit: MPS
A murder investigation is under way following a stabbing in Poplar.
Police were called shortly after 6pm on Friday, July 10 to reports of two men injured at Alexia Square, close to Crossharbour DLR station.
Officers attended and found a man, believed aged in his late teens or early 20s, suffering stab injuries. Emergency services provided first aid but despite their efforts, he was pronounced dead at the scene.
Next of kin are yet to be informed.
A second man, believed aged in his late teens, was taken to hospital by the London Ambulance Service. His condition is not known at this stage.
You may also want to watch:
A crime scene remains in place.
No arrests. Enquiries continue.
- 1 Jury sent home for the day in MP Apsana Begum's trial on housing fraud charges
- 2 Jailed: Cyclist who rode off after fatal collision with 'gentleman', 72
- 3 Highest point reached on new homes in disused Bethnal Green car park
- 4 Leyton Orient sign Theo Archibald on loan from Lincoln City
- 5 Leyton Orient still looking to add one or two new signings
- 6 Unlocked rooms created 'radiation exposure risk' at hospital, inspectors report
- 7 Poplar MP tells court: 'I fled home when brother said I was possessed'
- 8 Home Office pours £1m into tackling drug-related problems in East End
- 9 Community patrols to stamp out Poplar's street crime
- 10 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
At this early stage anyone with information is asked to call police on 101 or tweet @MetCC and quote CAD6215/10July. Alternatively, contact the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.