Murder investigation launched in Poplar
- Credit: MPS
A murder investigation is under way following a stabbing in Poplar.
Police were called shortly after 6pm on Friday, July 10 to reports of two men injured at Alexia Square, close to Crossharbour DLR station.
Officers attended and found a man, believed aged in his late teens or early 20s, suffering stab injuries. Emergency services provided first aid but despite their efforts, he was pronounced dead at the scene.
Next of kin are yet to be informed.
A second man, believed aged in his late teens, was taken to hospital by the London Ambulance Service. His condition is not known at this stage.
A crime scene remains in place.
No arrests. Enquiries continue.
- 1 Tower Hamlets neighbours must 'temporarily leave' and pay £85k for building repairs
- 2 Maskless passengers on London trains and buses fined 4,000 times
- 3 Appeal: CCTV image released after mosque attacked with bottles
- 4 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in east London
- 5 RideLondon 2022: East and central London roads among 100 miles of closures
- 6 Police looking for missing man last seen leaving hospital
- 7 Whitechapel dessert shop fined over £5,000 for dumping waste
- 8 Girl, 17, held on suspicion of terrorism offences after east London arrest
- 9 Covid: Weekly admissions halve as patient counts drop to July 2021 levels
- 10 7 of the best Chinese restaurants with delivery in east London
At this early stage anyone with information is asked to call police on 101 or tweet @MetCC and quote CAD6215/10July. Alternatively, contact the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.