Man, 19, stabbed in Stepney Green Park
- Credit: Isabel Infantes
Police are appealing for witnesses after a 19-year-old was stabbed in Stepney Green Park.
Officers were called to the park at 4.20pm on Sunday (April 18) to reports that a person had stab injuries.
He was treated at the scene by paramedics from London Ambulance Service (LAS) before being taken to hospital with injuries that have been assessed as not life-threatening.
They now particularly want to speak to two women believed to have intervened and prevented the incident from escalating even further.
Det Con Tom May, the investigating officer, said: "I know a lot of people would have been in the area of the park at the time, and I would ask anyone that witnessed the altercation or anything they believe would assist our investigation to get in touch."
You may also want to watch:
Witnesses can call police on 101 quoting CAD 4936/18APR21, tweet @MetCC or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Vigil for June Harvey one year on from Bow crane tragedy
- 2 'Vexatious charges': MP turns on accusers after acquittal in fraud trial
- 3 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 4 Poplar MP acquitted of Tower Hamlets housing fraud
- 5 Mum plans to use Raine's Foundation site for new East Park church school
- 6 Home Office pours £1m into tackling drug-related problems in East End
- 7 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 8 Poplar MP tells court: 'I fled home when brother said I was possessed'
- 9 Dangerously overloaded vans leaving New Spitalfields Market taken off the road
- 10 Unlocked rooms created 'radiation exposure risk' at hospital, inspectors report