Man, 19, stabbed in Stepney Green Park
- Credit: Isabel Infantes
Police are appealing for witnesses after a 19-year-old was stabbed in Stepney Green Park.
Officers were called to the park at 4.20pm on Sunday (April 18) to reports that a person had stab injuries.
He was treated at the scene by paramedics from London Ambulance Service (LAS) before being taken to hospital with injuries that have been assessed as not life-threatening.
They now particularly want to speak to two women believed to have intervened and prevented the incident from escalating even further.
Det Con Tom May, the investigating officer, said: "I know a lot of people would have been in the area of the park at the time, and I would ask anyone that witnessed the altercation or anything they believe would assist our investigation to get in touch."
You may also want to watch:
Witnesses can call police on 101 quoting CAD 4936/18APR21, tweet @MetCC or contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 'Stop building more towers,' MP at protest after New Providence Wharf fire
- 2 Racist vandalism keyed on cars parked in street on Isle of Dogs
- 3 Tower Hamlets votes to keep directly-elected mayoral post
- 4 Leyton Orient have announced their retained list as they begin rebuild
- 5 'Halt to development draining services' after win for neighbourhood plan
- 6 Blaze at Canary Wharf tower block with cladding issue
- 7 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 8 Unmesh Desai on his priorities after winning City and East election
- 9 Isle of Dogs The Space theatre to open up after lockdown
- 10 MP's fury at four-year delay removing Grenfell-type cladding from block