Teenager stabbed in chest in Poplar
- Credit: Archant
A teenager is fighting for his life in hospital after being stabbed in the chest in the early hours of today.
Police were called by the London Ambulance Service at 3.30am on Sunday, January 12 to Upper North Street, Poplar, following reports of a stabbing.
Officers attended and found a teenage boy suffering from a stab injury to his chest.
He has been taken to hospital, where his condition is being treated as life-threatening.
A 15-year-old boy has been arrested on suspicion of GBH and taken into custody.
You may also want to watch:
Police remain at the scene and enquiries into the circumstances continue.
Anyone who has information that could assist police should call 101 ref CAD 1150/12 January.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 3 No injuries but 20 rescued as firefighters tackle Limehouse blaze
- 4 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 5 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
- 6 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 7 Doctors urge Tower Hamlets mayor to end support for Silvertown Tunnel
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 10 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel