Teenager stabbed in chest in Poplar
- Credit: Archant
A teenager is fighting for his life in hospital after being stabbed in the chest in the early hours of today.
Police were called by the London Ambulance Service at 3.30am on Sunday, January 12 to Upper North Street, Poplar, following reports of a stabbing.
Officers attended and found a teenage boy suffering from a stab injury to his chest.
He has been taken to hospital, where his condition is being treated as life-threatening.
A 15-year-old boy has been arrested on suspicion of GBH and taken into custody.
You may also want to watch:
Police remain at the scene and enquiries into the circumstances continue.
Anyone who has information that could assist police should call 101 ref CAD 1150/12 January.
- 1 Transfer round-up: Leyton Orient bring in eight as departures find new clubs
- 2 Police chief to be quizzed at East London Mosque
- 3 Leyton Orient boosted by potential returns of Smyth and Drinan for Salford trip
- 4 Man stabbed outside West India Quay DLR station
- 5 Budding east London cricketers invited to watch The Hundred
- 6 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 7 Legendary east London graffiti pub to reopen after 26 years
- 8 Things to do in east London this weekend (August 7-8)
- 9 Somali kitchen in Bethnal Green gets halal help from Amazon staff
- 10 Youngsters have put themselves in Jackett's plans at Orient says Pratley