Teenager stabbed in chest in Poplar
- Credit: Archant
A teenager is fighting for his life in hospital after being stabbed in the chest in the early hours of today.
Police were called by the London Ambulance Service at 3.30am on Sunday, January 12 to Upper North Street, Poplar, following reports of a stabbing.
Officers attended and found a teenage boy suffering from a stab injury to his chest.
He has been taken to hospital, where his condition is being treated as life-threatening.
A 15-year-old boy has been arrested on suspicion of GBH and taken into custody.
You may also want to watch:
Police remain at the scene and enquiries into the circumstances continue.
Anyone who has information that could assist police should call 101 ref CAD 1150/12 January.
- 1 Jailed: drug dealer who rammed police with stolen car to escape
- 2 East End pays tribute to Prince Philip
- 3 Housing protest at Shadwell's Watney Market over service charges hike
- 4 Boxpark reopening in Shoreditch with face masks and Covid hygiene measures
- 5 'Torrent of hate' stalker tweeted pictures of victim on social media
- 6 Woman from Limehouse charged after Kill the Bill protest
- 7 Jailed: Smash-and-grab perfume raiders get 18 years between them
- 8 Fire crews fight blaze in railway arch in Bow
- 9 Pictures: Remembering Prince Philip's visits to east London
- 10 New street market coming to Docklands is Will's passion