Stepney drug dealer gets five-year ‘wrap’ for pushing Crack at Southend
- Credit: Essex Police/Google
A drug dealer from Stepney arrested at the seaside was found with wraps of Class A drugs stashed in his buttocks.
Taz Uddin 43, has been jailed this week for more than five years for possessing and supplying cannabis and money laundering.
He was spotted by passers-by dealing drugs on the streets of Southend on March 6, then took wraps from his pockets when police approached and tried to swallow them.
Officers found four Crack Cocaine and three of Heroin wraps on him, £1,060 in his sock and another £340 hidden in his hoodie.
Uddin was arrested and later found to be hiding another 10 wraps of Crack Cocaine in his buttocks, Basildon Crown Court heard.
You may also want to watch:
He had also been stopped in a car in Southend last December and found with cannabis. Police seized more drugs in January at the hotel he was staying in.
Uddin, from Commercial Road in Stepney, was jailed for 67 months. The drugs were ordered to be destroyed.
- 1 Dog festival gets go-ahead for Isle of Dogs, of all places
- 2 Pedestrian struck by motorcycle in critical condition following Stepney collision
- 3 Kenny Jackett emerges as odds-on favourite for Leyton Orient job
- 4 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 5 South Africa and Indian Covid variants found in Shoreditch and Dalston
- 6 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 7 Battle lost to save historic Whitechapel bell foundry
- 8 Campaign launched to 'clean up the Thames and help save world's oceans'
- 9 Hot tub and BBQ boats relaunched at Canary Wharf
- 10 'Stop building more towers,' MP at protest after New Providence Wharf fire