Stepney drug dealer gets five-year ‘wrap’ for pushing Crack at Southend
- Credit: Essex Police/Google
A drug dealer from Stepney arrested at the seaside was found with wraps of Class A drugs stashed in his buttocks.
Taz Uddin 43, has been jailed this week for more than five years for possessing and supplying cannabis and money laundering.
He was spotted by passers-by dealing drugs on the streets of Southend on March 6, then took wraps from his pockets when police approached and tried to swallow them.
Officers found four Crack Cocaine and three of Heroin wraps on him, £1,060 in his sock and another £340 hidden in his hoodie.
Uddin was arrested and later found to be hiding another 10 wraps of Crack Cocaine in his buttocks, Basildon Crown Court heard.
You may also want to watch:
He had also been stopped in a car in Southend last December and found with cannabis. Police seized more drugs in January at the hotel he was staying in.
Uddin, from Commercial Road in Stepney, was jailed for 67 months. The drugs were ordered to be destroyed.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 5 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 6 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 7 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 8 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?
- 9 How seaweed can help save the planet, east London inventor reveals
- 10 Surplus DLR land released at Bow for new housing to tackle homes shortage