Stepney drug dealer gets five-year ‘wrap’ for pushing Crack at Southend
- Credit: Essex Police/Google
A drug dealer from Stepney arrested at the seaside was found with wraps of Class A drugs stashed in his buttocks.
Taz Uddin 43, has been jailed this week for more than five years for possessing and supplying cannabis and money laundering.
He was spotted by passers-by dealing drugs on the streets of Southend on March 6, then took wraps from his pockets when police approached and tried to swallow them.
Officers found four Crack Cocaine and three of Heroin wraps on him, £1,060 in his sock and another £340 hidden in his hoodie.
Uddin was arrested and later found to be hiding another 10 wraps of Crack Cocaine in his buttocks, Basildon Crown Court heard.
You may also want to watch:
He had also been stopped in a car in Southend last December and found with cannabis. Police seized more drugs in January at the hotel he was staying in.
Uddin, from Commercial Road in Stepney, was jailed for 67 months. The drugs were ordered to be destroyed.
- 1 Transfer round-up: Leyton Orient bring in eight as departures find new clubs
- 2 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 3 Man stabbed outside West India Quay DLR station
- 4 Police chief to be quizzed at East London Mosque
- 5 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012
- 6 Somali kitchen in Bethnal Green gets halal help from Amazon staff
- 7 Campaigners taking on town hall to keep Isle of Dogs youth club open
- 8 Leyton Orient could be without key forwards for season opener at Salford
- 9 Tokyo 2020: Poplar children have their own 'Olympics'
- 10 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?