Stepney shooting: Detectives release CCTV images and offer £10,000 reward
- Credit: Archant
Detectives investigating a shooting in Stepney have released CCTV images of a car believed to be connected to the attempted murder.
A man suffered a serious leg injury after he was shot in Ernest Street, on September 24 last year just after 7pm.
Officers from Operation Trident believe a white BMW which was captured near the scene is directly linked to the shooting and would like to speak to two witnesses who walked passed the car.
A £10,000 reward is being offered for anyone with information that leads to the conviction of the gunman.
Detective Constable Barry Hart, investigating officer, said: “On the CCTV footage it shows two people who seem to react adversely to what is going on, as if they may have heard gunshots.
You may also want to watch:
“Any witnesses to the shooting, or anyone who was in the area at the time, may hold the vital piece of evidence we need to prosecute the person or persons responsible for this crime. I would urge anyone with information to get in touch.”
A 19-year-old man and two 22-year-old men were arrested on suspicion of attempted murder in September and have been bail until early April.
- 1 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 2 Man who stabbed teen at Crossharbour station found guilty of murder
- 3 Brigade issues fire safety warning after Limehouse studio blaze
- 4 Police officer sacked after criminal conviction
- 5 Khalid Ali couldn't hide delight after winning start against Dean Wilkinson
- 6 Man in 30s dies after Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 7 Concern growing for man last seen at Bow Road station
- 8 Jailed: Tower Hamlets man who tried to rape another man
- 9 Families tell developers what's needed on Poplar's Teviot estate at fun day
- 10 Leyton Orient without Tom James for trip to Port Vale
Witnesses or anyone with information should call police on 101 or via Twitter @MetCC. Alternatively call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.