Stepney shooting appeal: Did you witness attempted murder in Nelson Street Tuesday night?
- Credit: MPS
Detectives are hunting a gunman following an attempted murder during a shooting in the street in Stepney.
Police answering a late-night 999 call arrived at Nelson Street, off the main Commercial Road, where a 40-year-old man was found with a serious head injury on the pavement at 10.30pm on Tuesday.
An ambulance crew gave first aid at the scene and took him to the Royal London Hospital in Whitechapel.
His injury is "strongly suspected to be from a bullet wound", Scotland Yard has confirmed.
The man's condition is said to be critical. His next of kin have been contacted.
You may also want to watch:
A forensic scene of crime was set up in Nelson Street as the hunt for the gunman got under way led by the Met's Central East Command unit based at Bethnal Green.
An appeal is being made by detectives for witnesses or anyone with information to call 101, or to go on Twitter @MetCC, quoting CAD 10007/19 NOV, or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111. There have been no arrests so far.
- 1 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 2 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End
- 3 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 4 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 7 Ruel Sotiriou has a big role to play for Leyton Orient says boss Jackett
- 8 Man found stabbed on board night bus
- 9 'Ballet at its absolute best' coming to Canary Wharf this weekend
- 10 Kitchen blaze sees warning issued over 'strange noises' from appliances