Teenage mum admits killing her 4-month-old baby girl at Mile End
A teenage mother-of-three has today admitted manslaughter of her four-month-old baby girl at her home in London’s East End.
The woman, 19-year-old Iman Hamza Dean Wyse, has also admitted in court two charges of child cruelty to two other children.
Her baby, Amani Abdi, was taken to hospital from the family home at Ackroyd Drive in Mile End, at 5.30pm on October 4, but was pronounced dead 15 minutes later.
A post-mortem found cause of death to be severe acute malnutrition and dehydration.
The child’s death was investigated by detectives from the Met’s Homicide and Major Crime Command.
You may also want to watch:
The woman, then aged 18, was arrested the same day and later charged with her baby’s death.
She is being sentenced at Snaresbrook Crown Court on May 30.
- 1 Politicians join forces on referendum about Tower Hamlets mayor
- 2 Man, 19, stabbed in Stepney Green Park
- 3 Refugee fighting £2,850 claim in lettings agency dispute
- 4 Cyclist in critical condition after 'serious collision' in Bow
- 5 Shoppers queue for bread on opening weekend of new Wapping street market
- 6 Unmesh Desai: British Bangladeshi community is important part of the East End
- 7 Shops reopening after lockdown now fear council rent hikes
- 8 Jailed: Teenagers who left victim blind in one eye after train stabbing
- 9 Community group founder calls for mandatory ethnic pay gap reporting
- 10 'Torrent of hate' stalker tweeted pictures of victim on social media