Teenage mum admits killing her 4-month-old baby girl at Mile End
A teenage mother-of-three has today admitted manslaughter of her four-month-old baby girl at her home in London’s East End.
The woman, 19-year-old Iman Hamza Dean Wyse, has also admitted in court two charges of child cruelty to two other children.
Her baby, Amani Abdi, was taken to hospital from the family home at Ackroyd Drive in Mile End, at 5.30pm on October 4, but was pronounced dead 15 minutes later.
A post-mortem found cause of death to be severe acute malnutrition and dehydration.
The child’s death was investigated by detectives from the Met’s Homicide and Major Crime Command.
You may also want to watch:
The woman, then aged 18, was arrested the same day and later charged with her baby’s death.
She is being sentenced at Snaresbrook Crown Court on May 30.
- 1 Tyrese Omotoye impresses on O's trial as Ouss Cisse looks set to depart
- 2 Tower Hamlets stages Covid jab festival
- 3 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 4 Vigil for June Harvey one year on from Bow crane tragedy
- 5 From Shoreditch to Las Vegas: New bingo hall for Hackney
- 6 'Vexatious charges': MP turns on accusers after acquittal in fraud trial
- 7 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 8 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 9 Mum plans to use Raine's Foundation site for new East Park church school
- 10 Campaigners oppose plans to change voting system for Tower Hamlets mayor