Teenager arrested after 15-year-old stabbed to death in group fight
- Credit: Archant
A 15-year-old boy died after being stabbed in a suspected fight between two groups of teenagers in Bethnal Green Road.
Police launched a murder investigation after the attack at about 11pm on Friday, arresting an 18-year-old at the scene.
Paramedics took the victim, who suffered serious stab injuries to the abdomen, to an east London hospital in a critical condition but he died three hours later at 2.12am on Saturday.
Detectives are appealing to witnesses to a fight just before the incident in Padbury Court, between a group of boys and some teenagers in a car. Officers believe the victim was one of those on foot and the fight continued as the groups moved to nearby Gibraltar Walk.
Det Ch Insp Chris Jones, of the Homicide and Major Crime Command, said: “Anyone who may have witnessed this altercation or have information which may assist the investigation is asked to contact the police as soon as possible.”
You may also want to watch:
The teenager arrested at the scene remains in police custody as enquiries continue.
Police have informed the victim’s next of kin. A post-mortem examination will be held in due course.
- 1 Leyton Orient reportedly down to final three candidates
- 2 Leyton Orient confident next manager will take them to the next level
- 3 Man, 20, found fighting for life at illegal rave in Bow
- 4 Spitalfields banner unfurled to express solidarity with Palestine
- 5 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 6 Fire breaks out in flat near New Providence Wharf tower block
- 7 South Africa and Indian Covid variants found in Shoreditch and Dalston
- 8 Bethnal Green martial arts gym launches fundraiser to expand outreach
- 9 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 10 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
Call the incident room on 0208 345 3734 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.