Teenager arrested after 15-year-old stabbed to death in group fight
- Credit: Archant
A 15-year-old boy died after being stabbed in a suspected fight between two groups of teenagers in Bethnal Green Road.
Police launched a murder investigation after the attack at about 11pm on Friday, arresting an 18-year-old at the scene.
Paramedics took the victim, who suffered serious stab injuries to the abdomen, to an east London hospital in a critical condition but he died three hours later at 2.12am on Saturday.
Detectives are appealing to witnesses to a fight just before the incident in Padbury Court, between a group of boys and some teenagers in a car. Officers believe the victim was one of those on foot and the fight continued as the groups moved to nearby Gibraltar Walk.
Det Ch Insp Chris Jones, of the Homicide and Major Crime Command, said: “Anyone who may have witnessed this altercation or have information which may assist the investigation is asked to contact the police as soon as possible.”
You may also want to watch:
The teenager arrested at the scene remains in police custody as enquiries continue.
Police have informed the victim’s next of kin. A post-mortem examination will be held in due course.
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 3 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 5 Leyton Orient announce partnership with Hartford Athletic
- 6 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 7 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 10 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
Call the incident room on 0208 345 3734 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.