Teenager arrested after 15-year-old stabbed to death in group fight
- Credit: Archant
A 15-year-old boy died after being stabbed in a suspected fight between two groups of teenagers in Bethnal Green Road.
Police launched a murder investigation after the attack at about 11pm on Friday, arresting an 18-year-old at the scene.
Paramedics took the victim, who suffered serious stab injuries to the abdomen, to an east London hospital in a critical condition but he died three hours later at 2.12am on Saturday.
Detectives are appealing to witnesses to a fight just before the incident in Padbury Court, between a group of boys and some teenagers in a car. Officers believe the victim was one of those on foot and the fight continued as the groups moved to nearby Gibraltar Walk.
Det Ch Insp Chris Jones, of the Homicide and Major Crime Command, said: “Anyone who may have witnessed this altercation or have information which may assist the investigation is asked to contact the police as soon as possible.”
The teenager arrested at the scene remains in police custody as enquiries continue.
Police have informed the victim’s next of kin. A post-mortem examination will be held in due course.
- 1 Travel bulletin: Islington, Hackney, Tower Hamlets, Newham
- 2 Abba Voyage: A spectacular trip into an enchanted world
- 3 RideLondon 2022: East and central London roads among 100 miles of closures
- 4 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in east London
- 5 Tower Hamlets neighbours must 'temporarily leave' and pay £85k for building repairs
- 6 Maskless passengers on London trains and buses fined 4,000 times
- 7 Appeal: CCTV image released after mosque attacked with bottles
- 8 Whitechapel dessert shop fined over £5,000 for dumping waste
- 9 Girl, 17, held on suspicion of terrorism offences after east London arrest
- 10 Two teenagers charged after 12 phones nicked in stealing spree
Call the incident room on 0208 345 3734 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.