Teenager arrested after 15-year-old stabbed to death in group fight
- Credit: Archant
A 15-year-old boy died after being stabbed in a suspected fight between two groups of teenagers in Bethnal Green Road.
Police launched a murder investigation after the attack at about 11pm on Friday, arresting an 18-year-old at the scene.
Paramedics took the victim, who suffered serious stab injuries to the abdomen, to an east London hospital in a critical condition but he died three hours later at 2.12am on Saturday.
Detectives are appealing to witnesses to a fight just before the incident in Padbury Court, between a group of boys and some teenagers in a car. Officers believe the victim was one of those on foot and the fight continued as the groups moved to nearby Gibraltar Walk.
Det Ch Insp Chris Jones, of the Homicide and Major Crime Command, said: “Anyone who may have witnessed this altercation or have information which may assist the investigation is asked to contact the police as soon as possible.”
You may also want to watch:
The teenager arrested at the scene remains in police custody as enquiries continue.
Police have informed the victim’s next of kin. A post-mortem examination will be held in due course.
- 1 'Vexatious charges': MP turns on accusers after acquittal in fraud trial
- 2 Vigil for June Harvey one year on from Bow crane tragedy
- 3 Poplar MP acquitted of Tower Hamlets housing fraud
- 4 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 5 Mum plans to use Raine's Foundation site for new East Park church school
- 6 Home Office pours £1m into tackling drug-related problems in East End
- 7 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 8 Leyton Orient still looking to add one or two new signings
- 9 Unlocked rooms created 'radiation exposure risk' at hospital, inspectors report
- 10 Dangerously overloaded vans leaving New Spitalfields Market taken off the road
Call the incident room on 0208 345 3734 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.