Teenager arrested after 15-year-old stabbed to death in group fight
- Credit: Archant
A 15-year-old boy died after being stabbed in a suspected fight between two groups of teenagers in Bethnal Green Road.
Police launched a murder investigation after the attack at about 11pm on Friday, arresting an 18-year-old at the scene.
Paramedics took the victim, who suffered serious stab injuries to the abdomen, to an east London hospital in a critical condition but he died three hours later at 2.12am on Saturday.
Detectives are appealing to witnesses to a fight just before the incident in Padbury Court, between a group of boys and some teenagers in a car. Officers believe the victim was one of those on foot and the fight continued as the groups moved to nearby Gibraltar Walk.
Det Ch Insp Chris Jones, of the Homicide and Major Crime Command, said: “Anyone who may have witnessed this altercation or have information which may assist the investigation is asked to contact the police as soon as possible.”
You may also want to watch:
The teenager arrested at the scene remains in police custody as enquiries continue.
Police have informed the victim’s next of kin. A post-mortem examination will be held in due course.
- 1 Luxury Canary Wharf flats going for lower rent set by the council
- 2 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 3 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 4 Fines totalling £361k handed to East End landlords and agents
- 5 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End
- 6 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 7 Barts Health NHS Trust reports one of lowest rates of vaccinated staff
- 8 Go-ahead given for 315 more homes in third stage of Blackwall Reach scheme
- 9 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 10 Man found stabbed on board night bus
Call the incident room on 0208 345 3734 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.