Whitechapel murder victim named as teenager charged with killing
- Credit: Google
A teenager has been charged with the murder of a woman at a flat in Whitechapel.
David Cheres, 19, of Ellen Street, was due to appear at Thames Magistrates' Court earlier today (January 27).
Police have confirmed the murder victim was 43-year-old Tiprat Argatu. She died in a flat at Hadfield House, also in Ellen Street, Whitechapel.
An investigation got underway after police were called to the property at 8.17am on Sunday, after concerns were raised for Ms Argatu's welfare.
She was found with multiple injuries, including stab wounds.
A post-mortem examination confirmed she died from neck and head injuries.
A 24-year-old man, who was also arrested on Sunday, has been released with no further action.
- 1 Trial date set for MP Apsana Begum charged with 'housing fraud'
- 2 Tributes paid after Tower Hamlets councillor dies at 40
- 3 Friends of John Pierce compiling 'book of memories' for his family
- 4 It's been a busy week at Leyton Orient with plenty of signings expected
- 5 Police renew appeal over disappearance of man last seen in Poplar
- 6 Docklands man pleads guilty to firearms offences
- 7 Queen's Birthday Honours: Caterer who gave out free meals gets BEM
- 8 Man 'brandishes gun' in busy Canary Wharf restaurant
- 9 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 10 Driver threatened at gunpoint in Bromley-by-Bow carjacking