Whitechapel murder victim named as teenager charged with killing
- Credit: Google
A teenager has been charged with the murder of a woman at a flat in Whitechapel.
David Cheres, 19, of Ellen Street, was due to appear at Thames Magistrates' Court earlier today (January 27).
Police have confirmed the murder victim was 43-year-old Tiprat Argatu. She died in a flat at Hadfield House, also in Ellen Street, Whitechapel.
An investigation got underway after police were called to the property at 8.17am on Sunday, after concerns were raised for Ms Argatu's welfare.
She was found with multiple injuries, including stab wounds.
A post-mortem examination confirmed she died from neck and head injuries.
A 24-year-old man, who was also arrested on Sunday, has been released with no further action.
- 1 Coroner concerned with Barts NHS trust after woman 'unlawfully killed'
- 2 Jailed: Rapist who repeatedly attacked woman in her own home
- 3 Man arrested over two separate rape allegations - one previously unknown to police
- 4 Lib Dem candidate for Tower Hamlets mayor announced
- 5 Come Dine With Me calls on east London restaurants for new show
- 6 Olympian burglary: Men with links to Plaistow and Isle of Dogs wanted
- 7 ‘It is not tolerated’: CCTV images released after West Ham game disorder
- 8 Guilty: East London criminals jailed in December 2021
- 9 One per cent council tax rise planned with borough set for balanced budget
- 10 Wanted: Man known to commit offences on train and tube network