Whitechapel murder victim named as teenager charged with killing
- Credit: Google
A teenager has been charged with the murder of a woman at a flat in Whitechapel.
David Cheres, 19, of Ellen Street, was due to appear at Thames Magistrates' Court earlier today (January 27).
Police have confirmed the murder victim was 43-year-old Tiprat Argatu. She died in a flat at Hadfield House, also in Ellen Street, Whitechapel.
An investigation got underway after police were called to the property at 8.17am on Sunday, after concerns were raised for Ms Argatu's welfare.
She was found with multiple injuries, including stab wounds.
A post-mortem examination confirmed she died from neck and head injuries.
A 24-year-old man, who was also arrested on Sunday, has been released with no further action.
- 1 Stepney Green hero volunteering seven days a week since pandemic began
- 2 Arrests as police step up drugs raids
- 3 World Book Day: Notorious football fan 'Mr West Ham' sets record straight
- 4 Why Tower Hamlets should be a 'royal' borough after Covid
- 5 Jailed: East End county lines dealers who peddled heroin and crack cocaine
- 6 'War of words' at Tower Hamlets cabinet meeting stops library closures
- 7 Hunt for three men after 90-year-old's Bethnal Green home is burgled
- 8 Illegal rave raided by police at disused railway arch in Bow
- 9 Chinese embassy: Councillors raise concerns over plans
- 10 How many Covid-19 vaccinations have been given where you live?