Teenager stabbed during robbery in Mile End Park
- Credit: Archant
A teenager has been stabbed in Mile End Park in a suspected robbery.
Police were called just before 8.20pm on Friday to reports of a man stabbed in the park, close to Burdett Road.
When they arrived, the London ambulance service were already on the scene, and the 19-year-old was taken to a hospital in east London. His injuries are not being treated as life-threatening.
Tower Hamlets Police tweeted on Friday night, saying the bridge that links to Mile End Park to Soleby Street had been closed.
A spokesman from the Met Police said: “At this early stage, it is thought that the victim may have been assaulted during a robbery.
You may also want to watch:
“There have been no arrests and enquiries continue.”
This latest stabbing comes as Sadiq Khan has pledged to crack down on knife crime – although he admits it could take a decade to solve the problem.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 5 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 6 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 7 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 8 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 9 Leyton Orient boss Embleton expecting more movement in the transfer window
- 10 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
Just last week in Tower Hamlets, four were stabbed across two health centres in Bow.