Teenager stabbed during robbery in Mile End Park
- Credit: Archant
A teenager has been stabbed in Mile End Park in a suspected robbery.
Police were called just before 8.20pm on Friday to reports of a man stabbed in the park, close to Burdett Road.
When they arrived, the London ambulance service were already on the scene, and the 19-year-old was taken to a hospital in east London. His injuries are not being treated as life-threatening.
Tower Hamlets Police tweeted on Friday night, saying the bridge that links to Mile End Park to Soleby Street had been closed.
A spokesman from the Met Police said: “At this early stage, it is thought that the victim may have been assaulted during a robbery.
You may also want to watch:
“There have been no arrests and enquiries continue.”
This latest stabbing comes as Sadiq Khan has pledged to crack down on knife crime – although he admits it could take a decade to solve the problem.
- 1 Teenager suffers 'life-changing' injuries after alleged attack in Shadwell
- 2 Man who died in Mile End park named
- 3 Truman's Brewery future being debated at Tower Hamlets Council
- 4 Two men rescued from Shadwell flat fire
- 5 Depth up front is going to be vital says Leyton Orient boss Jackett
- 6 Truman Brewery offices, shops and restaurants plan gets green light
- 7 Rape victim speaks out as Met Police relaunch Ask for Angela scheme
- 8 'Food delivery' youth in suspect Shoreditch drugs bust
- 9 Protest rally over Uyghur Muslims planned at China’s new Royal Mint embassy
- 10 Call to remain vigilant after gay man killed in park in Mile End
Just last week in Tower Hamlets, four were stabbed across two health centres in Bow.