Teenager stabbed during robbery in Mile End Park
- Credit: Archant
A teenager has been stabbed in Mile End Park in a suspected robbery.
Police were called just before 8.20pm on Friday to reports of a man stabbed in the park, close to Burdett Road.
When they arrived, the London ambulance service were already on the scene, and the 19-year-old was taken to a hospital in east London. His injuries are not being treated as life-threatening.
Tower Hamlets Police tweeted on Friday night, saying the bridge that links to Mile End Park to Soleby Street had been closed.
A spokesman from the Met Police said: “At this early stage, it is thought that the victim may have been assaulted during a robbery.
You may also want to watch:
“There have been no arrests and enquiries continue.”
This latest stabbing comes as Sadiq Khan has pledged to crack down on knife crime – although he admits it could take a decade to solve the problem.
- 1 Man, 19, stabbed in Stepney Green Park
- 2 Refugee fighting £2,850 claim in lettings agency dispute
- 3 Cyclist in critical condition after 'serious collision' in Bow
- 4 Jailed: Teenagers who left victim blind in one eye after train stabbing
- 5 Shoppers queue for bread on opening weekend of new Wapping street market
- 6 Canary Wharf floats idea for new green restaurant on water
- 7 Patient group set up over allegations of 'poor care' at Royal London
- 8 Brick Lane's famous bagel shop launches delivery service
- 9 Jobi McAnuff reveals focus is on run-in, rather taking O's job permanently
- 10 'Hold still while I ink your portrait for Captain Tom challenge'
Just last week in Tower Hamlets, four were stabbed across two health centres in Bow.