Teenager stabbed during robbery in Mile End Park
- Credit: Archant
A teenager has been stabbed in Mile End Park in a suspected robbery.
Police were called just before 8.20pm on Friday to reports of a man stabbed in the park, close to Burdett Road.
When they arrived, the London ambulance service were already on the scene, and the 19-year-old was taken to a hospital in east London. His injuries are not being treated as life-threatening.
Tower Hamlets Police tweeted on Friday night, saying the bridge that links to Mile End Park to Soleby Street had been closed.
A spokesman from the Met Police said: “At this early stage, it is thought that the victim may have been assaulted during a robbery.
“There have been no arrests and enquiries continue.”
This latest stabbing comes as Sadiq Khan has pledged to crack down on knife crime – although he admits it could take a decade to solve the problem.
- 1 Jailed: 8 east London offenders put behind bars in June
- 2 Three stabbed in Chrisp Street chicken shop
- 3 Police officer sacked for 'turning blind eye’ to criminal husband
- 4 Bow Lock murder defendants blame each other for fatal attack
- 5 Former Tower Hamlets councillor publishes autobiography on life as a hijabi woman
- 6 Woman treated at scene as 40 firefighters called to Bow tower block
- 7 8 charged after drugs raids in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 8 O2 Centre climb: Entertaining with fantastic panoramic views of London
- 9 V&A launches festival to celebrate 150 years in Bethnal Green
- 10 Man accused of Yasmin Begum killing denies murder and burglary
Just last week in Tower Hamlets, four were stabbed across two health centres in Bow.