Terrorism suspect: Man arrested in east London during police raid
- Credit: MPS
A man has been arrested in east London on suspicion of terrorism offences.
Detectives from the Met’s Counter Terrorism Command arrested the 34-year-old yesterday at an east London address who is still in custody today.
The man is being quizzed about disseminating terrorist publications, contrary to the 2006 Terrorism Act, and collection of information contrary to the 2000 Terrorism Act.
Police searches are being carried out at several addresses in east London which are not being disclosed.
This arrest is not connected to the investigation into suspicious packages received at London City and Heathrow airports or Waterloo station, Scotland Yard pointed out today.
You may also want to watch:
The man was arrested under the Police and Crime Evidence Act.
- 1 Patient group set up over allegations of 'poor care' at Royal London
- 2 Mother and son taken to hospital during "severe" fire in Bow
- 3 Beer gardens reopening with face masks, sanitisers and cobblestones
- 4 Volunteers take food for Ramadan to neighbours on Isle of Dogs
- 5 Jailed: drug dealer who rammed police with stolen car to escape
- 6 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 7 Here's why people stay longer in the East End despite the crime
- 8 Hundreds of customers descend on reopened retailers
- 9 'Torrent of hate' stalker tweeted pictures of victim on social media
- 10 Former Bagel Factory turned into creative studios to rent out