Terrorism suspect: Man arrested in east London during police raid
- Credit: MPS
A man has been arrested in east London on suspicion of terrorism offences.
Detectives from the Met’s Counter Terrorism Command arrested the 34-year-old yesterday at an east London address who is still in custody today.
The man is being quizzed about disseminating terrorist publications, contrary to the 2006 Terrorism Act, and collection of information contrary to the 2000 Terrorism Act.
Police searches are being carried out at several addresses in east London which are not being disclosed.
This arrest is not connected to the investigation into suspicious packages received at London City and Heathrow airports or Waterloo station, Scotland Yard pointed out today.
The man was arrested under the Police and Crime Evidence Act.
- 1 Work begins on £300m Chrisp Street Market redevelopment
- 2 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 3 Council houses named after Matchgirls Strike leader
- 4 Liveable Streets: Councillors remove some Brick Lane closures after 'backlash'
- 5 Housing association apologises after sewage leaks at Isle of Dogs tower blocks
- 6 Traffic slow moving in Limehouse and Poplar due to burst water main
- 7 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 8 Plans to cut up to 600 Tube station jobs amid TfL 'funding crisis'
- 9 Single van racks up £36k of fines in Tower Hamlets
- 10 County lines drug dealer jailed