Terrorism suspect: Man arrested in east London during police raid
- Credit: MPS
A man has been arrested in east London on suspicion of terrorism offences.
Detectives from the Met’s Counter Terrorism Command arrested the 34-year-old yesterday at an east London address who is still in custody today.
The man is being quizzed about disseminating terrorist publications, contrary to the 2006 Terrorism Act, and collection of information contrary to the 2000 Terrorism Act.
Police searches are being carried out at several addresses in east London which are not being disclosed.
This arrest is not connected to the investigation into suspicious packages received at London City and Heathrow airports or Waterloo station, Scotland Yard pointed out today.
You may also want to watch:
The man was arrested under the Police and Crime Evidence Act.
- 1 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 2 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 5 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 6 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 7 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 8 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 9 Streets around proposed Chinese embassy building could be renamed after persecuted Muslims
- 10 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided