Stolen blue badge in Shadwell leads to the discovery of thousands of pounds worth of drugs
- Credit: Google
Thousands of pounds worth of drugs have been seized in Tower Hamlets.
Three men were taken into custody after Met Police found cannabis, Class A drugs and more than £1,500 in cash during searches of two addresses.
The suspects, all aged 22, were arrested on Monday morning in Cable Street, Shadwell, on suspicion of handling stolen goods after routine checks revealed their vehicle was being driven without insurance, with a stolen blue badge inside.
Searches of their homes uncovered 1kg of cannabis and 300g of Class A drugs with an estimated £6,500 combined street value, as well as gloves, scales and plastic bags.
One of the men was further arrested on suspicion of possessing with intent to supply Class A drugs and has since been released under investigation.
You may also want to watch:
The second, arrested on suspicion of possessing with intent to supply Class B drugs, was also released under investigation.
The third was released with no further action.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 5 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 6 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 7 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 8 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 9 Surplus DLR land released at Bow for new housing to tackle homes shortage
- 10 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom