Stolen blue badge in Shadwell leads to the discovery of thousands of pounds worth of drugs
- Credit: Google
Thousands of pounds worth of drugs have been seized in Tower Hamlets.
Three men were taken into custody after Met Police found cannabis, Class A drugs and more than £1,500 in cash during searches of two addresses.
The suspects, all aged 22, were arrested on Monday morning in Cable Street, Shadwell, on suspicion of handling stolen goods after routine checks revealed their vehicle was being driven without insurance, with a stolen blue badge inside.
Searches of their homes uncovered 1kg of cannabis and 300g of Class A drugs with an estimated £6,500 combined street value, as well as gloves, scales and plastic bags.
One of the men was further arrested on suspicion of possessing with intent to supply Class A drugs and has since been released under investigation.
You may also want to watch:
The second, arrested on suspicion of possessing with intent to supply Class B drugs, was also released under investigation.
The third was released with no further action.
- 1 'Vexatious charges': MP turns on accusers after acquittal in fraud trial
- 2 Vigil for June Harvey one year on from Bow crane tragedy
- 3 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 4 Poplar MP acquitted of Tower Hamlets housing fraud
- 5 Mum plans to use Raine's Foundation site for new East Park church school
- 6 Home Office pours £1m into tackling drug-related problems in East End
- 7 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 8 Leyton Orient still looking to add one or two new signings
- 9 Poplar MP tells court: 'I fled home when brother said I was possessed'
- 10 Unlocked rooms created 'radiation exposure risk' at hospital, inspectors report