Stolen blue badge in Shadwell leads to the discovery of thousands of pounds worth of drugs
- Credit: Google
Thousands of pounds worth of drugs have been seized in Tower Hamlets.
Three men were taken into custody after Met Police found cannabis, Class A drugs and more than £1,500 in cash during searches of two addresses.
The suspects, all aged 22, were arrested on Monday morning in Cable Street, Shadwell, on suspicion of handling stolen goods after routine checks revealed their vehicle was being driven without insurance, with a stolen blue badge inside.
Searches of their homes uncovered 1kg of cannabis and 300g of Class A drugs with an estimated £6,500 combined street value, as well as gloves, scales and plastic bags.
One of the men was further arrested on suspicion of possessing with intent to supply Class A drugs and has since been released under investigation.
You may also want to watch:
The second, arrested on suspicion of possessing with intent to supply Class B drugs, was also released under investigation.
The third was released with no further action.
- 1 Blaze at Canary Wharf tower block with cladding issue
- 2 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA seat and referendums
- 3 New Providence Wharf fire: Two in hospital and 42 treated at scene
- 4 Racist vandalism keyed on cars parked in street on Isle of Dogs
- 5 New Providence Wharf: The four-year fight to remove 'Grenfell cladding'
- 6 Politicians join forces on referendum about Tower Hamlets mayor
- 7 Leyton Orient defender Josh Coulson set to depart
- 8 Street food and farmers' market return to City Island
- 9 Mayor or leader: Your choice on May 6
- 10 'I'm backing leader and cabinet model in Tower Hamlets referendum'