Stolen blue badge in Shadwell leads to the discovery of thousands of pounds worth of drugs
- Credit: Google
Thousands of pounds worth of drugs have been seized in Tower Hamlets.
Three men were taken into custody after Met Police found cannabis, Class A drugs and more than £1,500 in cash during searches of two addresses.
The suspects, all aged 22, were arrested on Monday morning in Cable Street, Shadwell, on suspicion of handling stolen goods after routine checks revealed their vehicle was being driven without insurance, with a stolen blue badge inside.
Searches of their homes uncovered 1kg of cannabis and 300g of Class A drugs with an estimated £6,500 combined street value, as well as gloves, scales and plastic bags.
One of the men was further arrested on suspicion of possessing with intent to supply Class A drugs and has since been released under investigation.
You may also want to watch:
The second, arrested on suspicion of possessing with intent to supply Class B drugs, was also released under investigation.
The third was released with no further action.
- 1 Luxury Canary Wharf flats going for lower rent set by the council
- 2 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 3 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 4 Fines totalling £361k handed to East End landlords and agents
- 5 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End
- 6 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 7 Go-ahead given for 315 more homes in third stage of Blackwall Reach scheme
- 8 Barts Health NHS Trust reports one of lowest rates of vaccinated staff
- 9 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 10 Man found stabbed on board night bus