Three charged after fatal stabbing of man, 20, near Canary Wharf
Three people including two women have been charged today in connection with the alleged murder of a 20-year-old man near Canary Wharf.
It follows a stabbing incident when Sultan Ahmed died at the scene at Millwall’s new Lanterns Way housing complex on the Isle of Dogs on Tuesday night.
Shofique Uddin, aged 50, from Larson Walk in Lanterns Way, has been charged with his murder.
Gulbahar Begum, also 50, from Larson Walk, has been charged with two counts of GBH with intent relating to an incident in Larson Walk on May 29.
Both were due at Thames Magistrates’ Court today.
You may also want to watch:
A second woman, Rahela Begum, 26, of Larson Walk, is charged with ABH over an incident in Larson Walk on May 29 and appears on bail before Thames magistrates on June 15.
- 1 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 2 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 3 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 5 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 6 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 7 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 8 Streets around proposed Chinese embassy building could be renamed after persecuted Muslims
- 9 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 10 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests