Three charged after fatal stabbing of man, 20, near Canary Wharf
Three people including two women have been charged today in connection with the alleged murder of a 20-year-old man near Canary Wharf.
It follows a stabbing incident when Sultan Ahmed died at the scene at Millwall’s new Lanterns Way housing complex on the Isle of Dogs on Tuesday night.
Shofique Uddin, aged 50, from Larson Walk in Lanterns Way, has been charged with his murder.
Gulbahar Begum, also 50, from Larson Walk, has been charged with two counts of GBH with intent relating to an incident in Larson Walk on May 29.
Both were due at Thames Magistrates’ Court today.
You may also want to watch:
A second woman, Rahela Begum, 26, of Larson Walk, is charged with ABH over an incident in Larson Walk on May 29 and appears on bail before Thames magistrates on June 15.
- 1 Leyton Orient confident next manager will take them to the next level
- 2 Leyton Orient reportedly down to final three candidates
- 3 Man, 20, found fighting for life at illegal rave in Bow
- 4 Fire breaks out in flat near New Providence Wharf tower block
- 5 South Africa and Indian Covid variants found in Shoreditch and Dalston
- 6 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 7 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 8 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 9 Dog festival gets go-ahead for Isle of Dogs, of all places
- 10 Covid-19 mass testing after variant detected in E1 postal area