Three charged after fatal stabbing of man, 20, near Canary Wharf
Three people including two women have been charged today in connection with the alleged murder of a 20-year-old man near Canary Wharf.
It follows a stabbing incident when Sultan Ahmed died at the scene at Millwall’s new Lanterns Way housing complex on the Isle of Dogs on Tuesday night.
Shofique Uddin, aged 50, from Larson Walk in Lanterns Way, has been charged with his murder.
Gulbahar Begum, also 50, from Larson Walk, has been charged with two counts of GBH with intent relating to an incident in Larson Walk on May 29.
Both were due at Thames Magistrates’ Court today.
You may also want to watch:
A second woman, Rahela Begum, 26, of Larson Walk, is charged with ABH over an incident in Larson Walk on May 29 and appears on bail before Thames magistrates on June 15.
- 1 Poplar MP tells court: 'I fled home when brother said I was possessed'
- 2 Leyton Orient boss Jackett full of praise for Sotiriou after Magpies win
- 3 Ice cream parlour with 'no added sugar' to open in Canary Wharf
- 4 Fire Brigade deluged with calls for help as floods sweep east London
- 5 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 6 Nine Tower Hamlets secondary schools rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 7 MP reported ex-husband to police for alleged 'harassment', trial hears
- 8 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 9 Community patrols to stamp out Poplar's street crime
- 10 'Set deadline to remove cladding,' Tower Hamlets mayor urges