Three men charged over killing of schoolboy Ajmol Alom in Poplar
- Credit: Archant
Three men have been charged with the murder and attempted murder of 16-year-old star pupil Ajmol Alom last month.
The Langdon Park School pupil was allegedly stabbed in the thigh in an unprovoked attack in Spey Street, Poplar, on August 12.
The three men charged are Ali Akbar Choudhury, 20, of John Smith Mews in Blackwall; Muhammod Malik, 21, also of John Smith Mews; and Mashudur Rahman, 22, of Victoria Street, Stratford.
Choudhury and Rahman will appear at Thames Magistrates’ Court today after being charged yesterday, and Malik will appear in court on Friday, having been charged on Tuesday.
A fourth man, Aminur Nadir Khan, 19, of Robin Hood Gardens in Poplar, has previously been charged and is awaiting trial.
You may also want to watch:
Ajmol was described by his former headteacher at Langdon Park, Chris Dunne, as a “delightful young man”. His death happened just weeks before he was due to collect GCSE results of eight A grades and three Bs.
- 1 Man, 19, stabbed in Stepney Green Park
- 2 Refugee fighting £2,850 claim in lettings agency dispute
- 3 Cyclist in critical condition after 'serious collision' in Bow
- 4 Shoppers queue for bread on opening weekend of new Wapping street market
- 5 Jailed: Teenagers who left victim blind in one eye after train stabbing
- 6 Canary Wharf floats idea for new green restaurant on water
- 7 Patient group set up over allegations of 'poor care' at Royal London
- 8 New street market coming to Docklands is Will's passion
- 9 Brick Lane's famous bagel shop launches delivery service
- 10 'Hold still while I ink your portrait for Captain Tom challenge'