Three men charged over killing of schoolboy Ajmol Alom in Poplar
- Credit: Archant
Three men have been charged with the murder and attempted murder of 16-year-old star pupil Ajmol Alom last month.
The Langdon Park School pupil was allegedly stabbed in the thigh in an unprovoked attack in Spey Street, Poplar, on August 12.
The three men charged are Ali Akbar Choudhury, 20, of John Smith Mews in Blackwall; Muhammod Malik, 21, also of John Smith Mews; and Mashudur Rahman, 22, of Victoria Street, Stratford.
Choudhury and Rahman will appear at Thames Magistrates’ Court today after being charged yesterday, and Malik will appear in court on Friday, having been charged on Tuesday.
A fourth man, Aminur Nadir Khan, 19, of Robin Hood Gardens in Poplar, has previously been charged and is awaiting trial.
You may also want to watch:
Ajmol was described by his former headteacher at Langdon Park, Chris Dunne, as a “delightful young man”. His death happened just weeks before he was due to collect GCSE results of eight A grades and three Bs.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 5 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 6 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 7 Students in rent strike over Queen Mary's campus staying open during Covid emergency
- 8 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 9 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 10 Gun seized after woman tells police she was threatened in Whitechapel