Three men charged over killing of schoolboy Ajmol Alom in Poplar
- Credit: Archant
Three men have been charged with the murder and attempted murder of 16-year-old star pupil Ajmol Alom last month.
The Langdon Park School pupil was allegedly stabbed in the thigh in an unprovoked attack in Spey Street, Poplar, on August 12.
The three men charged are Ali Akbar Choudhury, 20, of John Smith Mews in Blackwall; Muhammod Malik, 21, also of John Smith Mews; and Mashudur Rahman, 22, of Victoria Street, Stratford.
Choudhury and Rahman will appear at Thames Magistrates’ Court today after being charged yesterday, and Malik will appear in court on Friday, having been charged on Tuesday.
A fourth man, Aminur Nadir Khan, 19, of Robin Hood Gardens in Poplar, has previously been charged and is awaiting trial.
You may also want to watch:
Ajmol was described by his former headteacher at Langdon Park, Chris Dunne, as a “delightful young man”. His death happened just weeks before he was due to collect GCSE results of eight A grades and three Bs.
- 1 Police officer sacked after criminal conviction
- 2 Man who stabbed teen at Crossharbour station found guilty of murder
- 3 Man in 30s dies after Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 4 Police patrols to increase after fatal Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 5 Concern growing for man last seen at Bow Road station
- 6 Sadiq Khan warns of flood threat in east London from climate emergency
- 7 'That is what this club is about' as Mark Noble wants to find West Ham fan
- 8 Things to do: Explore east London this weekend
- 9 Man found with stab injuries in Stepney
- 10 Jailed: Tower Hamlets man who tried to rape another man