Three men charged with Brenton Roper murder in Bromley-by-Bow
- Credit: Archant
Three men have been charged with the murder of a father who was shot and stabbed near the doorstep of his home in Bromley-by-Bow.
Mohammed Shaid, 26, of Arrow Road, Monzur Ahmed, 26, of Whitethorn Street, both in Bow and Foyzur Rahman, of Beveridge Mews, Stepney, are accused of killing Brenton Roper.
The 41-year-old died at the scene in Eagling Close an hour after he was attacked on May 3.
Shaid, Ahmed and Rahman were arrested on Saturday and charged on Monday.
On Tuesday they appeared before Thames Magistrates’ Court charged with murder and have been remanded in custody.
You may also want to watch:
They will appear at the Old Bailey on June 29.
A fourth man, aged 54, held on suspicion of assisting an offender has been released under investigation.
- 1 Tower Hamlets stages Covid jab festival
- 2 Tyrese Omotoye impresses on O's trial as Ouss Cisse looks set to depart
- 3 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 4 From Shoreditch to Las Vegas: New bingo hall for Hackney
- 5 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 6 Campaigners oppose plans to change voting system for Tower Hamlets mayor
- 7 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 8 'Vexatious charges': MP turns on accusers after acquittal in fraud trial
- 9 Vigil for June Harvey one year on from Bow crane tragedy
- 10 Leyton Orient boss Kenny Jackett pleased with pre-season preparations
A 16-year-old boy and an 18-year-old man who were arrested and bailed last month on suspicion of Mr Roper’s murder have been released with no further action.