Three men charged with Brenton Roper murder in Bromley-by-Bow
- Credit: Archant
Three men have been charged with the murder of a father who was shot and stabbed near the doorstep of his home in Bromley-by-Bow.
Mohammed Shaid, 26, of Arrow Road, Monzur Ahmed, 26, of Whitethorn Street, both in Bow and Foyzur Rahman, of Beveridge Mews, Stepney, are accused of killing Brenton Roper.
The 41-year-old died at the scene in Eagling Close an hour after he was attacked on May 3.
Shaid, Ahmed and Rahman were arrested on Saturday and charged on Monday.
On Tuesday they appeared before Thames Magistrates’ Court charged with murder and have been remanded in custody.
They will appear at the Old Bailey on June 29.
A fourth man, aged 54, held on suspicion of assisting an offender has been released under investigation.
- 1 Traffic slow moving in Limehouse and Poplar due to burst water main
- 2 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 3 Single van racks up £36k of fines in Tower Hamlets
- 4 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 5 Liveable Streets: Councillors remove some Brick Lane closures after 'backlash'
- 6 Housing association apologises after sewage leaks at Isle of Dogs tower blocks
- 7 Possible travel disruptions for central London this week
- 8 County lines drug dealer jailed
- 9 Trio accused of Bow Lock murder were 'associates' of victim 'Aqil' Mahdi
- 10 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
A 16-year-old boy and an 18-year-old man who were arrested and bailed last month on suspicion of Mr Roper’s murder have been released with no further action.