Three men charged with Brenton Roper murder in Bromley-by-Bow
- Credit: Archant
Three men have been charged with the murder of a father who was shot and stabbed near the doorstep of his home in Bromley-by-Bow.
Mohammed Shaid, 26, of Arrow Road, Monzur Ahmed, 26, of Whitethorn Street, both in Bow and Foyzur Rahman, of Beveridge Mews, Stepney, are accused of killing Brenton Roper.
The 41-year-old died at the scene in Eagling Close an hour after he was attacked on May 3.
Shaid, Ahmed and Rahman were arrested on Saturday and charged on Monday.
On Tuesday they appeared before Thames Magistrates’ Court charged with murder and have been remanded in custody.
You may also want to watch:
They will appear at the Old Bailey on June 29.
A fourth man, aged 54, held on suspicion of assisting an offender has been released under investigation.
- 1 Man, 19, stabbed in Stepney Green Park
- 2 Refugee fighting £2,850 claim in lettings agency dispute
- 3 Cyclist in critical condition after 'serious collision' in Bow
- 4 Shoppers queue for bread on opening weekend of new Wapping street market
- 5 Jailed: Teenagers who left victim blind in one eye after train stabbing
- 6 Canary Wharf floats idea for new green restaurant on water
- 7 Shops reopening after lockdown now fear council rent hikes
- 8 Leyton Orient still not at the level top sides are says boss Jobi McAnuff
- 9 'Hold still while I ink your portrait for Captain Tom challenge'
- 10 Volunteers take food for Ramadan to neighbours on Isle of Dogs
A 16-year-old boy and an 18-year-old man who were arrested and bailed last month on suspicion of Mr Roper’s murder have been released with no further action.