Three men charged with murdering Poplar man
Three men have been charged with murder following the fatal shooting of Abdifatah “Abdi” Sheikhey.
Abdi, 19, from Poplar, was found with gunshot wounds at the junction of Bedford Road and Ilford Lane, Ilford, shortly after 10pm on March 21.
He died at the scene less than an hour later.
Today police charged Sami Omar, 21, and Roberto Mohamed, 20, both of Kingston Road, Ilford, as well as Jordie Kibusi, 20, of Wisteria Close, Ilford, with Abdi’s alleged murder.
They will appear at Barkingside Magistrates’ Court tomorrow.
You may also want to watch:
Two other men, both aged 23, were arrested on Tuesday and have been bailed to a date to be confirmed.
- 1 Patient group set up over allegations of 'poor care' at Royal London
- 2 Jailed: Teenagers who left victim blind in one eye after train stabbing
- 3 Canary Wharf floats idea for new green restaurant on water
- 4 Brick Lane's famous bagel shop launches delivery service
- 5 New street market coming to Docklands is Will's passion
- 6 Updated appeal for information about man last seen in Poplar in January
- 7 MPs pledge to fight on for 'forgotten victims' of IRA Canary Wharf bombing
- 8 Fire crews fight blaze at pub in Hackney Wick
- 9 Jailed: drug dealer who rammed police with stolen car to escape
- 10 Beer gardens reopening with face masks, sanitisers and cobblestones