Three people stabbed, acid seized and police use tasers in night of violence in Shadwell
- Credit: Archant
Three people were stabbed in a fight in Shadwell on a night which saw police seize acid and use tasers to make arrests.
Police received a number of 999 calls just before midnight on Saturday about a fight near the old St George’s Town Hall in Cable Street.
They were told that two people from a related stabbing had driven off in car. Police stopped the car nearby, finding two males, 28 and 32, inside with stab wounds.
A 19-year-old was also found in Cornwall Street with facial injuries.
While dealing with the victims, officers received more calls about a group of men in Crowder Street, wearing balaclavas and carrying knives.
You may also want to watch:
Police had to use tasers to break them up. They arrested seven males for grevious bodily harm (GBH), conspiracy to commit GBH, assaulting police, theft, possession of weapons and obstructing police.
Police also seized acid, and they closed off the area near the old town hall.
- 1 Man stabbed outside West India Quay DLR station
- 2 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 3 Transfer round-up: Leyton Orient bring in eight as departures find new clubs
- 4 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012
- 5 Campaigners taking on town hall to keep Isle of Dogs youth club open
- 6 Police chief to be quizzed at East London Mosque
- 7 Somali kitchen in Bethnal Green gets halal help from Amazon staff
- 8 Leyton Orient could be without key forwards for season opener at Salford
- 9 Eggslut food truck to bring 'edible breakfast cloud' to Shoreditch
- 10 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
None of the injuries from the stabbing victims are thought to be life-threatening.
At 7.16pm on July 21, Tower Hamlets Police issued an order allowing them to use stop and search in E1 and E2 postcodes. In a tweet, they said weapons and acid had already been seized and violence was anticipated.