Three people stabbed, acid seized and police use tasers in night of violence in Shadwell
- Credit: Archant
Three people were stabbed in a fight in Shadwell on a night which saw police seize acid and use tasers to make arrests.
Police received a number of 999 calls just before midnight on Saturday about a fight near the old St George’s Town Hall in Cable Street.
They were told that two people from a related stabbing had driven off in car. Police stopped the car nearby, finding two males, 28 and 32, inside with stab wounds.
A 19-year-old was also found in Cornwall Street with facial injuries.
While dealing with the victims, officers received more calls about a group of men in Crowder Street, wearing balaclavas and carrying knives.
Police had to use tasers to break them up. They arrested seven males for grevious bodily harm (GBH), conspiracy to commit GBH, assaulting police, theft, possession of weapons and obstructing police.
Police also seized acid, and they closed off the area near the old town hall.
- 1 Traffic slow moving in Limehouse and Poplar due to burst water main
- 2 Single van racks up £36k of fines in Tower Hamlets
- 3 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 4 The gift of giving: Where to donate food across east London this Christmas
- 5 County lines drug dealer jailed
- 6 Weather warning issued ahead of expected gale force winds in London
- 7 Possible travel disruptions for central London this week
- 8 Delayed Canary Wharf 'portacabin' hotel hopes to open in 2022
- 9 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 10 Liveable Streets: Councillors remove some Brick Lane closures after 'backlash'
None of the injuries from the stabbing victims are thought to be life-threatening.
At 7.16pm on July 21, Tower Hamlets Police issued an order allowing them to use stop and search in E1 and E2 postcodes. In a tweet, they said weapons and acid had already been seized and violence was anticipated.