Three people stabbed, acid seized and police use tasers in night of violence in Shadwell
- Credit: Archant
Three people were stabbed in a fight in Shadwell on a night which saw police seize acid and use tasers to make arrests.
Police received a number of 999 calls just before midnight on Saturday about a fight near the old St George’s Town Hall in Cable Street.
They were told that two people from a related stabbing had driven off in car. Police stopped the car nearby, finding two males, 28 and 32, inside with stab wounds.
A 19-year-old was also found in Cornwall Street with facial injuries.
While dealing with the victims, officers received more calls about a group of men in Crowder Street, wearing balaclavas and carrying knives.
You may also want to watch:
Police had to use tasers to break them up. They arrested seven males for grevious bodily harm (GBH), conspiracy to commit GBH, assaulting police, theft, possession of weapons and obstructing police.
Police also seized acid, and they closed off the area near the old town hall.
- 1 Beer gardens reopening with face masks, sanitisers and cobblestones
- 2 Mother and son taken to hospital during "severe" fire in Bow
- 3 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 4 Jailed: drug dealer who rammed police with stolen car to escape
- 5 Hundreds of customers descend on reopened retailers
- 6 Here's why people stay longer in the East End despite the crime
- 7 Boxpark reopening in Shoreditch with face masks and Covid hygiene measures
- 8 Volunteers take food for Ramadan to neighbours on Isle of Dogs
- 9 New street market coming to Docklands is Will's passion
- 10 East End pays tribute to Prince Philip
None of the injuries from the stabbing victims are thought to be life-threatening.
At 7.16pm on July 21, Tower Hamlets Police issued an order allowing them to use stop and search in E1 and E2 postcodes. In a tweet, they said weapons and acid had already been seized and violence was anticipated.