Three people stabbed, acid seized and police use tasers in night of violence in Shadwell
- Credit: Archant
Three people were stabbed in a fight in Shadwell on a night which saw police seize acid and use tasers to make arrests.
Police received a number of 999 calls just before midnight on Saturday about a fight near the old St George’s Town Hall in Cable Street.
They were told that two people from a related stabbing had driven off in car. Police stopped the car nearby, finding two males, 28 and 32, inside with stab wounds.
A 19-year-old was also found in Cornwall Street with facial injuries.
While dealing with the victims, officers received more calls about a group of men in Crowder Street, wearing balaclavas and carrying knives.
Police had to use tasers to break them up. They arrested seven males for grevious bodily harm (GBH), conspiracy to commit GBH, assaulting police, theft, possession of weapons and obstructing police.
Police also seized acid, and they closed off the area near the old town hall.
- 1 Police looking for missing man last seen leaving hospital
- 2 Appeal: CCTV image released after mosque attacked with bottles
- 3 Whitechapel dessert shop fined over £5,000 for dumping waste
- 4 West Ham's Kurt Zouma admits to kicking and slapping his cat
- 5 VOTE: Which east London fish and chip shop is your favourite?
- 6 Girl, 17, held on suspicion of terrorism offences after east London arrest
- 7 Major tube strike to follow Queen's Platinum Jubilee long weekend
- 8 Two teenagers charged after 12 phones nicked in stealing spree
- 9 Cyclist in 'critical but stable' condition after Whitechapel lorry crash
- 10 Update: Woman, 56, missing in Tower Hamlets found
None of the injuries from the stabbing victims are thought to be life-threatening.
At 7.16pm on July 21, Tower Hamlets Police issued an order allowing them to use stop and search in E1 and E2 postcodes. In a tweet, they said weapons and acid had already been seized and violence was anticipated.