Three people stabbed, acid seized and police use tasers in night of violence in Shadwell
- Credit: Archant
Three people were stabbed in a fight in Shadwell on a night which saw police seize acid and use tasers to make arrests.
Police received a number of 999 calls just before midnight on Saturday about a fight near the old St George’s Town Hall in Cable Street.
They were told that two people from a related stabbing had driven off in car. Police stopped the car nearby, finding two males, 28 and 32, inside with stab wounds.
A 19-year-old was also found in Cornwall Street with facial injuries.
While dealing with the victims, officers received more calls about a group of men in Crowder Street, wearing balaclavas and carrying knives.
You may also want to watch:
Police had to use tasers to break them up. They arrested seven males for grevious bodily harm (GBH), conspiracy to commit GBH, assaulting police, theft, possession of weapons and obstructing police.
Police also seized acid, and they closed off the area near the old town hall.
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 3 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 5 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 6 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 7 Leyton Orient announce partnership with Hartford Athletic
- 8 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 9 Leyton Orient boss is expecting more transfer movement in the window
- 10 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
None of the injuries from the stabbing victims are thought to be life-threatening.
At 7.16pm on July 21, Tower Hamlets Police issued an order allowing them to use stop and search in E1 and E2 postcodes. In a tweet, they said weapons and acid had already been seized and violence was anticipated.