Thugs in Isle of Dogs street attack caught on mobile phone camera by passer-by
- Credit: MPS
Detectives are hunting thugs who carried out a vicious attack with a knife and a hammer on two men in the street in London’s East End.
They have issued photo images this week of two suspects that were snapped on a mobile phone by a passer-by on the Isle of Dogs and are appealing for anyone who may recognise them to contact police.
A motorist was hit across the face with a hammer and got a broken nose after stopping his car in Spindrift Avenue, Cubitt Town, outside Mudchute DLR near Millwall Park, during an ongoing dispute at around 9pm on May 16. The attacker then smashed the car windows with the hammer.
The 30-year-old driver was taken to the Royal London Hospital in Whitechapel, but was not detained.
A second man in the street fight got a cut hand after trying to defend himself from his attacker who was armed with a knife.
You may also want to watch:
The first suspect recorded on the mobile phone is described as medium built, 5ft tall, in his 20s, who was wearing a dark hooded top and dark trousers. The second is slim built, 5ft 4ins tall, described as Asian, also in his 20s, wearing a green khaki jacket and carrying a shoulder bag. Both “had English accents” according to the victims.
Police are appealing for witnesses or anyone recognising them to call 020-7275 4550, or dial 101, quoting references 213395 (first suspect) or 213396 (second), or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800-555111.
- 1 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 2 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 3 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 5 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 7 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 8 Streets around proposed Chinese embassy building could be renamed after persecuted Muslims
- 9 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 10 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests