Thugs in Isle of Dogs street attack caught on mobile phone camera by passer-by
- Credit: MPS
Detectives are hunting thugs who carried out a vicious attack with a knife and a hammer on two men in the street in London’s East End.
They have issued photo images this week of two suspects that were snapped on a mobile phone by a passer-by on the Isle of Dogs and are appealing for anyone who may recognise them to contact police.
A motorist was hit across the face with a hammer and got a broken nose after stopping his car in Spindrift Avenue, Cubitt Town, outside Mudchute DLR near Millwall Park, during an ongoing dispute at around 9pm on May 16. The attacker then smashed the car windows with the hammer.
The 30-year-old driver was taken to the Royal London Hospital in Whitechapel, but was not detained.
A second man in the street fight got a cut hand after trying to defend himself from his attacker who was armed with a knife.
You may also want to watch:
The first suspect recorded on the mobile phone is described as medium built, 5ft tall, in his 20s, who was wearing a dark hooded top and dark trousers. The second is slim built, 5ft 4ins tall, described as Asian, also in his 20s, wearing a green khaki jacket and carrying a shoulder bag. Both “had English accents” according to the victims.
Police are appealing for witnesses or anyone recognising them to call 020-7275 4550, or dial 101, quoting references 213395 (first suspect) or 213396 (second), or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800-555111.
- 1 Beer gardens reopening with face masks, sanitisers and cobblestones
- 2 Mother and son taken to hospital during "severe" fire in Bow
- 3 Patient group set up over allegations of 'poor care' at Royal London
- 4 Jailed: drug dealer who rammed police with stolen car to escape
- 5 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 6 Hundreds of customers descend on reopened retailers
- 7 Volunteers take food for Ramadan to neighbours on Isle of Dogs
- 8 Here's why people stay longer in the East End despite the crime
- 9 New street market coming to Docklands is Will's passion
- 10 East End pays tribute to Prince Philip