Trial date set for Haggerston man accused of Lea Adri-Soejoko murder in Colindale
- Credit: Archant
A man from Haggerston accused of killing an 80-year-old grandmother found dead on an allotment in Colindale will face trial in July.
Rahim Mohammadi, 40, of Goldsmiths Row, appeared at the Old Bailey today charged with the murder of Lea Adri-Soejoko.
The pensioner, who was strangled with a ligature, was discovered a lock-up store at the allotment in Sheaveshill Avenue on February 28.
Mrs Adr-Soejoko was the secretary of the allotment.
Mohammadi appeared at the Old Bailey assisted by an interpreter and spoke to confirm his name.
You may also want to watch:
A provisional trial date of July 10 was set with a plea hearing on May 23.
- 1 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 2 Police officer sacked after criminal conviction
- 3 Road and rail round-up: Steer clear of these disruptions next week
- 4 Man who stabbed teen at Crossharbour station found guilty of murder
- 5 Three places to go pumpkin picking near east London
- 6 Man in 30s dies after Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 7 Brigade issues fire safety warning after Limehouse studio blaze
- 8 Police patrols to increase after fatal Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 9 Concern growing for man last seen at Bow Road station
- 10 Khalid Ali couldn't hide delight after winning start against Dean Wilkinson