Trial date set for Haggerston man accused of Lea Adri-Soejoko murder in Colindale
- Credit: Archant
A man from Haggerston accused of killing an 80-year-old grandmother found dead on an allotment in Colindale will face trial in July.
Rahim Mohammadi, 40, of Goldsmiths Row, appeared at the Old Bailey today charged with the murder of Lea Adri-Soejoko.
The pensioner, who was strangled with a ligature, was discovered a lock-up store at the allotment in Sheaveshill Avenue on February 28.
Mrs Adr-Soejoko was the secretary of the allotment.
Mohammadi appeared at the Old Bailey assisted by an interpreter and spoke to confirm his name.
You may also want to watch:
A provisional trial date of July 10 was set with a plea hearing on May 23.
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 3 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 4 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 5 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 7 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 10 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week