Trial date set for inmates accused of killing Tower Hamlets father inside Wormwood Scrubs prison
- Credit: Archant
A provisional trial date has been set for three men accused of killing a young father from Tower Hamlets inside Wormwood Scrubs prison.
Ahmed Khyre, 21, Kalif Dibbassey, 21 and Enton Marku, 20, are charged with the murder of 25-year-old Khader Saleh, who was married with a young son.
On January 31, Mr Saleh, who had been remanded in custody while awaiting sentencing for drug dealing, was found in a cell at the west London jail with a number of knife injuries. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
The defendants appeared at the Old Bailey via video link from Belmarsh, Wandsworth and High Down prisons.
Judge Nicholas Hilliard QC set a four-week trial for July 23 with a plea and case management hearing on April 24.
You may also want to watch:
Dutch national Khyre, Briton Marku and Frenchman Dibbassey spoke only to confirm their identities.
- 1 Police officer sacked after criminal conviction
- 2 Man who stabbed teen at Crossharbour station found guilty of murder
- 3 Man in 30s dies after Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 4 Police patrols to increase after fatal Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 5 Concern growing for man last seen at Bow Road station
- 6 Sadiq Khan warns of flood threat in east London from climate emergency
- 7 Things to do: Explore east London this weekend
- 8 'That is what this club is about' as Mark Noble wants to find West Ham fan
- 9 Man found with stab injuries in Stepney
- 10 Jailed: Tower Hamlets man who tried to rape another man