Trial date set for inmates accused of killing Tower Hamlets father inside Wormwood Scrubs prison
- Credit: Archant
A provisional trial date has been set for three men accused of killing a young father from Tower Hamlets inside Wormwood Scrubs prison.
Ahmed Khyre, 21, Kalif Dibbassey, 21 and Enton Marku, 20, are charged with the murder of 25-year-old Khader Saleh, who was married with a young son.
On January 31, Mr Saleh, who had been remanded in custody while awaiting sentencing for drug dealing, was found in a cell at the west London jail with a number of knife injuries. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
The defendants appeared at the Old Bailey via video link from Belmarsh, Wandsworth and High Down prisons.
Judge Nicholas Hilliard QC set a four-week trial for July 23 with a plea and case management hearing on April 24.
Dutch national Khyre, Briton Marku and Frenchman Dibbassey spoke only to confirm their identities.
- 1 Bow man charged with drugs supply and criminal property offences
- 2 East London boroughs lag behind rest of country for Covid booster uptake
- 3 Jailed: Man who robbed and blackmailed men he met on Grindr
- 4 Councillor says he 'hopes to lose' next election
- 5 Ranjith Kankanamalage death: Man charged with murder
- 6 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op
- 7 Jailed: Rapist who repeatedly attacked woman in her own home
- 8 Lib Dem candidate for Tower Hamlets mayor announced
- 9 Coroner concerned with Barts NHS trust after woman 'unlawfully killed'
- 10 Olympian burglary: Men with links to Plaistow and Isle of Dogs wanted