Trial date set for inmates accused of killing Tower Hamlets father inside Wormwood Scrubs prison
- Credit: Archant
A provisional trial date has been set for three men accused of killing a young father from Tower Hamlets inside Wormwood Scrubs prison.
Ahmed Khyre, 21, Kalif Dibbassey, 21 and Enton Marku, 20, are charged with the murder of 25-year-old Khader Saleh, who was married with a young son.
On January 31, Mr Saleh, who had been remanded in custody while awaiting sentencing for drug dealing, was found in a cell at the west London jail with a number of knife injuries. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
The defendants appeared at the Old Bailey via video link from Belmarsh, Wandsworth and High Down prisons.
Judge Nicholas Hilliard QC set a four-week trial for July 23 with a plea and case management hearing on April 24.
You may also want to watch:
Dutch national Khyre, Briton Marku and Frenchman Dibbassey spoke only to confirm their identities.
- 1 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 2 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 5 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 6 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 7 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 8 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 9 Students in rent strike over Queen Mary's campus staying open during Covid emergency
- 10 Gun seized after woman tells police she was threatened in Whitechapel