Trial date set for inmates accused of killing Tower Hamlets father inside Wormwood Scrubs prison
- Credit: Archant
A provisional trial date has been set for three men accused of killing a young father from Tower Hamlets inside Wormwood Scrubs prison.
Ahmed Khyre, 21, Kalif Dibbassey, 21 and Enton Marku, 20, are charged with the murder of 25-year-old Khader Saleh, who was married with a young son.
On January 31, Mr Saleh, who had been remanded in custody while awaiting sentencing for drug dealing, was found in a cell at the west London jail with a number of knife injuries. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
The defendants appeared at the Old Bailey via video link from Belmarsh, Wandsworth and High Down prisons.
Judge Nicholas Hilliard QC set a four-week trial for July 23 with a plea and case management hearing on April 24.
You may also want to watch:
Dutch national Khyre, Briton Marku and Frenchman Dibbassey spoke only to confirm their identities.
- 1 Man, 19, stabbed in Stepney Green Park
- 2 Refugee fighting £2,850 claim in lettings agency dispute
- 3 Cyclist in critical condition after 'serious collision' in Bow
- 4 Jailed: Teenagers who left victim blind in one eye after train stabbing
- 5 Shoppers queue for bread on opening weekend of new Wapping street market
- 6 Canary Wharf floats idea for new green restaurant on water
- 7 Patient group set up over allegations of 'poor care' at Royal London
- 8 Jobi McAnuff reveals focus is on run-in, rather taking O's job permanently
- 9 Brick Lane's famous bagel shop launches delivery service
- 10 Fire crews fight blaze at pub in Hackney Wick