Trial of man accused of murdering Brick Lane bagel shop owners delayed
- Credit: Mike Brooke
The trial of a man accused of stabbing his mother and sister to death has been delayed.
Joshua Cohen, 27, is charged with killing Louise Cohen, 66, and Hannah Cohen, 33, who ran the Beigel Bake business in Brick Lane.
The women were pronounced dead at their Golders Green home after emergency services arrived at around 8.50pm on Friday, August 11.
Cohen, of Barnet, north London, was arrested in nearby Golders Hill Park the following day.
He appeared at the Old Bailey this morning by video link from custody before Judge Richard Marks QC for a plea and case management hearing.
You may also want to watch:
Wearing a dark tracksuit and trainers, he spoke only to confirm his name and did not enter any pleas.
His trial, which was due to start before Mrs Justice Whipple at the Old Bailey on February 5, was postponed.
- 1 Man stabbed outside West India Quay DLR station
- 2 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 3 Transfer round-up: Leyton Orient bring in eight as departures find new clubs
- 4 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012
- 5 Campaigners taking on town hall to keep Isle of Dogs youth club open
- 6 Police chief to be quizzed at East London Mosque
- 7 Somali kitchen in Bethnal Green gets halal help from Amazon staff
- 8 Leyton Orient could be without key forwards for season opener at Salford
- 9 Eggslut food truck to bring 'edible breakfast cloud' to Shoreditch
- 10 Tyrese Omotoye impresses on O's trial as Ouss Cisse looks set to depart
Judge Marks set a fresh plea hearing for February 2 and remanded the defendant into custody.