Trial of man accused of murdering Brick Lane bagel shop owners delayed
- Credit: Mike Brooke
The trial of a man accused of stabbing his mother and sister to death has been delayed.
Joshua Cohen, 27, is charged with killing Louise Cohen, 66, and Hannah Cohen, 33, who ran the Beigel Bake business in Brick Lane.
The women were pronounced dead at their Golders Green home after emergency services arrived at around 8.50pm on Friday, August 11.
Cohen, of Barnet, north London, was arrested in nearby Golders Hill Park the following day.
He appeared at the Old Bailey this morning by video link from custody before Judge Richard Marks QC for a plea and case management hearing.
You may also want to watch:
Wearing a dark tracksuit and trainers, he spoke only to confirm his name and did not enter any pleas.
His trial, which was due to start before Mrs Justice Whipple at the Old Bailey on February 5, was postponed.
- 1 Patient group set up over allegations of 'poor care' at Royal London
- 2 Mother and son taken to hospital during "severe" fire in Bow
- 3 Beer gardens reopening with face masks, sanitisers and cobblestones
- 4 Volunteers take food for Ramadan to neighbours on Isle of Dogs
- 5 Jailed: drug dealer who rammed police with stolen car to escape
- 6 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 7 Here's why people stay longer in the East End despite the crime
- 8 Hundreds of customers descend on reopened retailers
- 9 'Torrent of hate' stalker tweeted pictures of victim on social media
- 10 Former Bagel Factory turned into creative studios to rent out
Judge Marks set a fresh plea hearing for February 2 and remanded the defendant into custody.