Trio used girl,13, as sex slave
- Credit: Archant
A Bethnal Green man was part of a trio jailed for total of 28 years for abducting a 13-year-old girl and forcing her to become their sex slave.
The girl, described as being from a troubled family, was driven from London to a house in Ipswich in Suffolk and sexually abused over four days before being rescued by police.
Married Suran Uddin, 26, a father-of-two from of St Matthews Row, was convicted of trafficking, two counts of rape and supplying a class B drug to the victim and jailed for 15 years at Norwich Crown Court on Friday.
Mohammed Sheikh,32, of Seaton Point, Nightingale Estate, Lower Clapton, was was found guilty of trafficking offences, causing a child to engage in sexual activity and supplying a class B drug. He was sentenced to eight years
A third man, Hamzi Ali,39, from Chingford, was convicted of trafficking and sexual assault and given a five year term.
You may also want to watch:
Judge Nicholas Coleman said the girl had been left traumatised.
He told the men: “All three of you treated her like a piece of meat and passed her about.
- 1 Patient group set up over allegations of 'poor care' at Royal London
- 2 Mother and son taken to hospital during "severe" fire in Bow
- 3 Beer gardens reopening with face masks, sanitisers and cobblestones
- 4 Volunteers take food for Ramadan to neighbours on Isle of Dogs
- 5 Jailed: drug dealer who rammed police with stolen car to escape
- 6 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 7 Here's why people stay longer in the East End despite the crime
- 8 Hundreds of customers descend on reopened retailers
- 9 'Torrent of hate' stalker tweeted pictures of victim on social media
- 10 Former Bagel Factory turned into creative studios to rent out
Jurors heard how the men took advantage of the girl’s “youth and naivety” to persuade her to get into a van, driven by Uddin
During the trial, prosecutor Riel Karmy-Jones told jurors: “These men deliberately targeted her.
“She was an unhappy and deeply troubled child. They enticed her to travel with them in order to set her up as a sex slave and to use her for their pleasure.
“In order to do so, they plied her with drugs and alcohol and made promises that they would take care of her and give her anything she wanted.”