Trio used girl,13, as sex slave
- Credit: Archant
A Bethnal Green man was part of a trio jailed for total of 28 years for abducting a 13-year-old girl and forcing her to become their sex slave.
The girl, described as being from a troubled family, was driven from London to a house in Ipswich in Suffolk and sexually abused over four days before being rescued by police.
Married Suran Uddin, 26, a father-of-two from of St Matthews Row, was convicted of trafficking, two counts of rape and supplying a class B drug to the victim and jailed for 15 years at Norwich Crown Court on Friday.
Mohammed Sheikh,32, of Seaton Point, Nightingale Estate, Lower Clapton, was was found guilty of trafficking offences, causing a child to engage in sexual activity and supplying a class B drug. He was sentenced to eight years
A third man, Hamzi Ali,39, from Chingford, was convicted of trafficking and sexual assault and given a five year term.
You may also want to watch:
Judge Nicholas Coleman said the girl had been left traumatised.
He told the men: “All three of you treated her like a piece of meat and passed her about.
- 1 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 2 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 3 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 4 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 5 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 6 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 7 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 8 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 9 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 10 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
Jurors heard how the men took advantage of the girl’s “youth and naivety” to persuade her to get into a van, driven by Uddin
During the trial, prosecutor Riel Karmy-Jones told jurors: “These men deliberately targeted her.
“She was an unhappy and deeply troubled child. They enticed her to travel with them in order to set her up as a sex slave and to use her for their pleasure.
“In order to do so, they plied her with drugs and alcohol and made promises that they would take care of her and give her anything she wanted.”