Twitter tributes flood in for 16-year-old stabbed to death in Poplar
- Credit: Archant
Twitter tributes to schoolboy Ajmol Alom have flooded in after he was stabbed to death last night.
Friends and loved ones took to the social networking site to pay their respects to the 16-year-old, who died in hospital after being stabbed in Spey Street, Poplar.
One user, @shazz_eyy, wrote: “R.I.P to the brother ajmol alom gone but never forgotten insh’allah your (sic) gone to a better place now – not everybody lives but everybody dies.”
Another, @Chunky_96, wrote: “I was playing football with you yesterday bro.. RIP Ajmol Alom.”
Fellow Langdon Park School Pupil @heyitsanika wrote: “He went to my school and I can’t believe his gone :( RIP… R.i.p Ajmol Alom;(? May Allah grant you a place in heaven xo.”
You may also want to watch:
For more tributes and information, see the links on the right hand side of this page.
- 1 Poplar MP acquitted of Tower Hamlets housing fraud
- 2 Jury sent home for the day in MP Apsana Begum's trial on housing fraud charges
- 3 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 4 'Vexatious charges': MP turns on accusers after acquittal in fraud trial
- 5 Mum plans to use Raine's Foundation site for new East Park church school
- 6 Home Office pours £1m into tackling drug-related problems in East End
- 7 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 8 MP reported ex-husband to police for alleged 'harassment', trial hears
- 9 Poplar MP tells court: 'I fled home when brother said I was possessed'
- 10 Unlocked rooms created 'radiation exposure risk' at hospital, inspectors report