Two arrested as police seize 5kg of cocaine and £400k in cash
- Credit: Archant
Two men are in custody after police seized 5kg of cocaine and around £400,000 in cash.
Officers from the Met’s specialist crime command stopped a minicab near the near Aldgate East tube station in Whitechapel yesterday (May 21).
The passenger, who had a rucksack, was detained and officers found 2.5kg of cocaine and around £50,000 in cash in the bag.
The 25-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of possession with intent to supply class A drugs and possession of criminal property.
Officers carried out enquiries at three addresses linked to the man.
You may also want to watch:
At one address, they stopped a man seen leaving with a large suitcase.
Officers searched the suitcase and found another 2.5kgs of cocaine and around £350,000 in cash.
- 1 Police officer sacked after criminal conviction
- 2 Man who stabbed teen at Crossharbour station found guilty of murder
- 3 Man in 30s dies after Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 4 Police patrols to increase after fatal Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 5 Concern growing for man last seen at Bow Road station
- 6 Sadiq Khan warns of flood threat in east London from climate emergency
- 7 'That is what this club is about' as Mark Noble wants to find West Ham fan
- 8 Things to do: Explore east London this weekend
- 9 Jailed: Tower Hamlets man who tried to rape another man
- 10 Man found with stab injuries in Stepney
That man, 34, was also arrested on suspicion of possession with intent to supply class A drugs and possession of criminal property.