Two arrested as police seize 5kg of cocaine and £400k in cash
- Credit: Archant
Two men are in custody after police seized 5kg of cocaine and around £400,000 in cash.
Officers from the Met’s specialist crime command stopped a minicab near the near Aldgate East tube station in Whitechapel yesterday (May 21).
The passenger, who had a rucksack, was detained and officers found 2.5kg of cocaine and around £50,000 in cash in the bag.
The 25-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of possession with intent to supply class A drugs and possession of criminal property.
Officers carried out enquiries at three addresses linked to the man.
You may also want to watch:
At one address, they stopped a man seen leaving with a large suitcase.
Officers searched the suitcase and found another 2.5kgs of cocaine and around £350,000 in cash.
- 1 Beer gardens reopening with face masks, sanitisers and cobblestones
- 2 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 3 Mother and son taken to hospital during "severe" fire in Bow
- 4 Jailed: drug dealer who rammed police with stolen car to escape
- 5 Hundreds of customers descend on reopened retailers
- 6 New street market coming to Docklands is Will's passion
- 7 Boxpark reopening in Shoreditch with face masks and Covid hygiene measures
- 8 Here's why people stay longer in the East End despite the crime
- 9 East End pays tribute to Prince Philip
- 10 Housing protest at Shadwell's Watney Market over service charges hike
That man, 34, was also arrested on suspicion of possession with intent to supply class A drugs and possession of criminal property.