Two arrested as police seize 5kg of cocaine and £400k in cash
- Credit: Archant
Two men are in custody after police seized 5kg of cocaine and around £400,000 in cash.
Officers from the Met’s specialist crime command stopped a minicab near the near Aldgate East tube station in Whitechapel yesterday (May 21).
The passenger, who had a rucksack, was detained and officers found 2.5kg of cocaine and around £50,000 in cash in the bag.
The 25-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of possession with intent to supply class A drugs and possession of criminal property.
Officers carried out enquiries at three addresses linked to the man.
You may also want to watch:
At one address, they stopped a man seen leaving with a large suitcase.
Officers searched the suitcase and found another 2.5kgs of cocaine and around £350,000 in cash.
- 1 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 2 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 5 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 6 Streets around proposed Chinese embassy building could be renamed after persecuted Muslims
- 7 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 8 No injuries but 20 rescued as firefighters tackle Limehouse blaze
- 9 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
- 10 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
That man, 34, was also arrested on suspicion of possession with intent to supply class A drugs and possession of criminal property.