Man arrested on suspicion of Zakaria Bukar Sharif-Ali’s murder
- Credit: MPS
Police investigating the killing of a father as he tried to defuse a row outside a bar in Shoreditch have arrested a man.
Zakaria Bukar Sharif-Ali, 26, died after he was stabbed in the abdomen outside the Rolling Stock bar in Kingsland Road on November 24.
A 35-year-old man was arrested a week ago (Thu) on suspicion of murder and violent disorder.
He has been bailed until mid-April.
An 18-year-old woman was arrested on suspicion of assisting an offender and has also been bailed.
You may also want to watch:
Det Insp Rita Tierney, leading the investigation, said: “Zakaria was attacked following a night out. After leaving the Rolling Stock bar, he tried to intervene in an altercation taking place outside. He was attempting to calm the incident and was stabbed as a result.
“There will be people who witnessed the incident or have information concerning the identity of the suspects.”
- 1 Tower Hamlets stages Covid jab festival
- 2 Tyrese Omotoye impresses on O's trial as Ouss Cisse looks set to depart
- 3 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 4 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 5 From Shoreditch to Las Vegas: New bingo hall for Hackney
- 6 Campaigners oppose plans to change voting system for Tower Hamlets mayor
- 7 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 8 'Vexatious charges': MP turns on accusers after acquittal in fraud trial
- 9 Vigil for June Harvey one year on from Bow crane tragedy
- 10 Leyton Orient boss Kenny Jackett pleased with pre-season preparations
Anyone with information is asked to call police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.