Man arrested on suspicion of Zakaria Bukar Sharif-Ali’s murder
- Credit: MPS
Police investigating the killing of a father as he tried to defuse a row outside a bar in Shoreditch have arrested a man.
Zakaria Bukar Sharif-Ali, 26, died after he was stabbed in the abdomen outside the Rolling Stock bar in Kingsland Road on November 24.
A 35-year-old man was arrested a week ago (Thu) on suspicion of murder and violent disorder.
He has been bailed until mid-April.
An 18-year-old woman was arrested on suspicion of assisting an offender and has also been bailed.
You may also want to watch:
Det Insp Rita Tierney, leading the investigation, said: “Zakaria was attacked following a night out. After leaving the Rolling Stock bar, he tried to intervene in an altercation taking place outside. He was attempting to calm the incident and was stabbed as a result.
“There will be people who witnessed the incident or have information concerning the identity of the suspects.”
- 1 Politicians join forces on referendum about Tower Hamlets mayor
- 2 Man, 19, stabbed in Stepney Green Park
- 3 Refugee fighting £2,850 claim in lettings agency dispute
- 4 Cyclist in critical condition after 'serious collision' in Bow
- 5 Shoppers queue for bread on opening weekend of new Wapping street market
- 6 Unmesh Desai: British Bangladeshi community is important part of the East End
- 7 Shops reopening after lockdown now fear council rent hikes
- 8 Jailed: Teenagers who left victim blind in one eye after train stabbing
- 9 Community group founder calls for mandatory ethnic pay gap reporting
- 10 'Torrent of hate' stalker tweeted pictures of victim on social media
Anyone with information is asked to call police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.