Stepney shooting: Two arrested on suspicion of murdering Iron Miah
- Credit: Met Police
Two people have been arrested on suspicion of murdering a man who was shot in the head in Stepney.
Iron Miah, 40, died in hospital on Thursday, November 21 - two days after he was found collapsed in Nelson Street with a head injury.
A post-mortem held yesterday (Monday, November 25) found the cause of death to be a gunshot wound to the head.
His family are being supported by specialist officers.
Police have arrested two people - a man aged 31 and a woman aged 40 - on suspicion of murder. The man remains in police custody while the woman has been released on bail until a date in December.
You may also want to watch:
Another woman, 30, was arrested on suspicion of assisting an offender. She has also been released on bail until December.
Any witnesses or anyone with information about Mr Miah's death is asked to call the incident room on 020 8345 3775, quoting CAD 10007/19 Nov, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Luxury Canary Wharf flats going for lower rent set by the council
- 2 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 3 Fines totalling £361k handed to East End landlords and agents
- 4 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 5 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 6 Barts Health NHS Trust reports one of lowest rates of vaccinated staff
- 7 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End
- 8 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 9 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 10 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week