Stepney shooting: Two arrested on suspicion of murdering Iron Miah
- Credit: Met Police
Two people have been arrested on suspicion of murdering a man who was shot in the head in Stepney.
Iron Miah, 40, died in hospital on Thursday, November 21 - two days after he was found collapsed in Nelson Street with a head injury.
A post-mortem held yesterday (Monday, November 25) found the cause of death to be a gunshot wound to the head.
His family are being supported by specialist officers.
Police have arrested two people - a man aged 31 and a woman aged 40 - on suspicion of murder. The man remains in police custody while the woman has been released on bail until a date in December.
You may also want to watch:
Another woman, 30, was arrested on suspicion of assisting an offender. She has also been released on bail until December.
Any witnesses or anyone with information about Mr Miah's death is asked to call the incident room on 020 8345 3775, quoting CAD 10007/19 Nov, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Vigil for June Harvey one year on from Bow crane tragedy
- 2 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 3 'Vexatious charges': MP turns on accusers after acquittal in fraud trial
- 4 Home Office pours £1m into tackling drug-related problems in East End
- 5 Poplar MP acquitted of Tower Hamlets housing fraud
- 6 Mum plans to use Raine's Foundation site for new East Park church school
- 7 Poplar MP tells court: 'I fled home when brother said I was possessed'
- 8 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 9 Nine Tower Hamlets secondary schools rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 10 Win a pair of Carabao Cup tickets to Leyton Orient vs Queens Park Rangers