Stepney shooting: Two arrested on suspicion of murdering Iron Miah
- Credit: Met Police
Two people have been arrested on suspicion of murdering a man who was shot in the head in Stepney.
Iron Miah, 40, died in hospital on Thursday, November 21 - two days after he was found collapsed in Nelson Street with a head injury.
A post-mortem held yesterday (Monday, November 25) found the cause of death to be a gunshot wound to the head.
His family are being supported by specialist officers.
Police have arrested two people - a man aged 31 and a woman aged 40 - on suspicion of murder. The man remains in police custody while the woman has been released on bail until a date in December.
You may also want to watch:
Another woman, 30, was arrested on suspicion of assisting an offender. She has also been released on bail until December.
Any witnesses or anyone with information about Mr Miah's death is asked to call the incident room on 020 8345 3775, quoting CAD 10007/19 Nov, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 2 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 5 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 6 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 7 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 8 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 9 Students in rent strike over Queen Mary's campus staying open during Covid emergency
- 10 Gun seized after woman tells police she was threatened in Whitechapel