Two men charged with Bow Common murder
- Credit: Archant
Two men have appeared in court charged with the murder of a 23-year-old who died after being stabbed in Bow Common.
Alimal Islam, of Meyrick House, Burgess Street, and Mofizur Rahman, of Fitzroy House, Wallwood Street - both part of Poplar's Burdett estate - appeared at Thames Magistrates' Court this morning (Thursday).
The 19-year-olds have been charged with the murder of Alimuz Zaman and of grievous bodily harm against a second man, aged 25.
They were remanded in custody to appear at the Old Bailey on a date to be confirmed.
Police were called to St Paul's Way at around 4.30pm on Sunday to reports of a stabbing.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Zaman was taken to hospital where he died later that day.
Two other men, both aged 23, who were arrested on suspicion of his murder have been released on bail until late June.
- 1 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 3 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 5 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 6 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 7 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 8 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 9 Streets around proposed Chinese embassy building could be renamed after persecuted Muslims
- 10 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests