Two men charged with Bow Common murder
- Credit: Archant
Two men have appeared in court charged with the murder of a 23-year-old who died after being stabbed in Bow Common.
Alimal Islam, of Meyrick House, Burgess Street, and Mofizur Rahman, of Fitzroy House, Wallwood Street - both part of Poplar's Burdett estate - appeared at Thames Magistrates' Court this morning (Thursday).
The 19-year-olds have been charged with the murder of Alimuz Zaman and of grievous bodily harm against a second man, aged 25.
They were remanded in custody to appear at the Old Bailey on a date to be confirmed.
Police were called to St Paul's Way at around 4.30pm on Sunday to reports of a stabbing.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Zaman was taken to hospital where he died later that day.
Two other men, both aged 23, who were arrested on suspicion of his murder have been released on bail until late June.
- 1 Beer gardens reopening with face marks, sanitisers and cobblestones
- 2 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 3 Jailed: drug dealer who rammed police with stolen car to escape
- 4 Mother and son taken to hospital during "severe" fire in Bow
- 5 Hundreds of customers descend on reopened retailers
- 6 Boxpark reopening in Shoreditch with face masks and Covid hygiene measures
- 7 New street market coming to Docklands is Will's passion
- 8 Here's why people stay longer in the East End despite the crime
- 9 East End pays tribute to Prince Philip
- 10 Housing protest at Shadwell's Watney Market over service charges hike