Two men charged with Bow Common murder
- Credit: Archant
Two men have appeared in court charged with the murder of a 23-year-old who died after being stabbed in Bow Common.
Alimal Islam, of Meyrick House, Burgess Street, and Mofizur Rahman, of Fitzroy House, Wallwood Street - both part of Poplar's Burdett estate - appeared at Thames Magistrates' Court this morning (Thursday).
The 19-year-olds have been charged with the murder of Alimuz Zaman and of grievous bodily harm against a second man, aged 25.
They were remanded in custody to appear at the Old Bailey on a date to be confirmed.
Police were called to St Paul's Way at around 4.30pm on Sunday to reports of a stabbing.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Zaman was taken to hospital where he died later that day.
Two other men, both aged 23, who were arrested on suspicion of his murder have been released on bail until late June.
- 1 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 2 Man stabbed outside West India Quay DLR station
- 3 Tyrese Omotoye impresses on O's trial as Ouss Cisse looks set to depart
- 4 Tower Hamlets stages Covid jab festival
- 5 Campaigners taking on town hall to keep Isle of Dogs youth club open
- 6 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 7 Campaigners oppose plans to change voting system for Tower Hamlets mayor
- 8 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012
- 9 Eggslut food truck to bring 'edible breakfast cloud' to Shoreditch
- 10 Vigil for June Harvey one year on from Bow crane tragedy