Woman, 61, among five arrested after two guns, drugs and cash seized in Spitalfields police raid
- Credit: Archant
Two guns, drugs and a quality of cash have been seized after police raided a flat in Spitalfields this morning
Officers from Tower Hamlets Police made the discovery after storming the flat in Brune House, Bell Lane, in the early hours.
Both raw and packaged drugs, thought to be cannabis, were found in the property alongside a hand gun and shotgun.
A bundle of £50 notes was also confiscated.
A 61-year-old woman and four men aged 26, 28, 33 and 43 were arrested for possession with intent to supply class B drugs.
You may also want to watch:
The woman has also been held on suspicion of handling stolen goods.
Yesterday five raids were carried out at Shadwell which uncovered around £8,000 in cash and a Range Rover was seized.
- 1 Luxury Canary Wharf flats going for lower rent set by the council
- 2 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 3 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 4 Go-ahead given for 315 more homes in third stage of Blackwall Reach scheme
- 5 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End
- 6 'Grief and queer coming of age' theatre show to be put on for London Horror Festival
- 7 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 8 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 9 Why TfL won't restart the night tube on Jubilee line just yet
- 10 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
Four people were arrested.