Woman, 61, among five arrested after two guns, drugs and cash seized in Spitalfields police raid
- Credit: Archant
Two guns, drugs and a quality of cash have been seized after police raided a flat in Spitalfields this morning
Officers from Tower Hamlets Police made the discovery after storming the flat in Brune House, Bell Lane, in the early hours.
Both raw and packaged drugs, thought to be cannabis, were found in the property alongside a hand gun and shotgun.
A bundle of £50 notes was also confiscated.
A 61-year-old woman and four men aged 26, 28, 33 and 43 were arrested for possession with intent to supply class B drugs.
The woman has also been held on suspicion of handling stolen goods.
Yesterday five raids were carried out at Shadwell which uncovered around £8,000 in cash and a Range Rover was seized.
- 1 Travel bulletin: Islington, Hackney, Tower Hamlets, Newham
- 2 Abba Voyage: A spectacular trip into an enchanted world
- 3 RideLondon 2022: East and central London roads among 100 miles of closures
- 4 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in east London
- 5 Tower Hamlets neighbours must 'temporarily leave' and pay £85k for building repairs
- 6 Maskless passengers on London trains and buses fined 4,000 times
- 7 Appeal: CCTV image released after mosque attacked with bottles
- 8 Whitechapel dessert shop fined over £5,000 for dumping waste
- 9 Two teenagers charged after 12 phones nicked in stealing spree
- 10 Girl, 17, held on suspicion of terrorism offences after east London arrest
Four people were arrested.