Woman, 61, among five arrested after two guns, drugs and cash seized in Spitalfields police raid
- Credit: Archant
Two guns, drugs and a quality of cash have been seized after police raided a flat in Spitalfields this morning
Officers from Tower Hamlets Police made the discovery after storming the flat in Brune House, Bell Lane, in the early hours.
Both raw and packaged drugs, thought to be cannabis, were found in the property alongside a hand gun and shotgun.
A bundle of £50 notes was also confiscated.
A 61-year-old woman and four men aged 26, 28, 33 and 43 were arrested for possession with intent to supply class B drugs.
You may also want to watch:
The woman has also been held on suspicion of handling stolen goods.
Yesterday five raids were carried out at Shadwell which uncovered around £8,000 in cash and a Range Rover was seized.
- 1 Jury sent home for the day in MP Apsana Begum's trial on housing fraud charges
- 2 Jailed: Cyclist who rode off after fatal collision with 'gentleman', 72
- 3 Highest point reached on new homes in disused Bethnal Green car park
- 4 Poplar MP acquitted of Tower Hamlets housing fraud
- 5 Poplar MP tells court: 'I fled home when brother said I was possessed'
- 6 Unlocked rooms created 'radiation exposure risk' at hospital, inspectors report
- 7 Home Office pours £1m into tackling drug-related problems in East End
- 8 Leyton Orient still looking to add one or two new signings
- 9 Leyton Orient sign Theo Archibald on loan from Lincoln City
- 10 MP reported ex-husband to police for alleged 'harassment', trial hears
Four people were arrested.