Woman, 61, among five arrested after two guns, drugs and cash seized in Spitalfields police raid
- Credit: Archant
Two guns, drugs and a quality of cash have been seized after police raided a flat in Spitalfields this morning
Officers from Tower Hamlets Police made the discovery after storming the flat in Brune House, Bell Lane, in the early hours.
Both raw and packaged drugs, thought to be cannabis, were found in the property alongside a hand gun and shotgun.
A bundle of £50 notes was also confiscated.
A 61-year-old woman and four men aged 26, 28, 33 and 43 were arrested for possession with intent to supply class B drugs.
You may also want to watch:
The woman has also been held on suspicion of handling stolen goods.
Yesterday five raids were carried out at Shadwell which uncovered around £8,000 in cash and a Range Rover was seized.
- 1 Leyton Orient confident next manager will take them to the next level
- 2 Man, 20, found fighting for life at illegal rave in Bow
- 3 Fire breaks out in flat near New Providence Wharf tower block
- 4 South Africa and Indian Covid variants found in Shoreditch and Dalston
- 5 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 6 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 7 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 8 Dog festival gets go-ahead for Isle of Dogs, of all places
- 9 Battle lost to save historic Whitechapel bell foundry
- 10 Kenny Jackett emerges as odds-on favourite for Leyton Orient job
Four people were arrested.