Two held after East End street stabbing as Land Rover is seized by police
- Credit: Archant
Two men have been badly injured in street clashes involving up to 20 men in London’s East End in the middle of the night.
Forensic experts have been at the crime scene all day at Frimley Way in Mile End, following the clash that erupted 12.30am—police are treating the stabbing incident which involved a Land Rover as “attempted murder”.
Doctors and paramedics were rushed to the cul-de-sac on a council estate off Globe Road and treated one of the injured at the scene who had severe head injuries.
The teenager was rushed to the trauma unit at the Royal London Hospital in Whitechapel where his condition was said to be critical.
Police later stopped a pick-up truck in Vallence Road, a mile from the incident, which was transporting a white Land Rover thought to have been damaged in the incident.
You may also want to watch:
A car following the truck was also stopped and two men inside were arrested, who are still being detained and questioned, Scotland Yard confirmed tonight.
The fighting woke neighbours living in Bay Court on the estate. Emergency services received 11 calls.
- 1 Jailed: drug dealer who rammed police with stolen car to escape
- 2 East End pays tribute to Prince Philip
- 3 Housing protest at Shadwell's Watney Market over service charges hike
- 4 Boxpark reopening in Shoreditch with face masks and Covid hygiene measures
- 5 'Torrent of hate' stalker tweeted pictures of victim on social media
- 6 Jailed: Smash-and-grab perfume raiders get 18 years between them
- 7 Pictures: Remembering Prince Philip's visits to east London
- 8 Fire crews fight blaze in railway arch in Bow
- 9 New street market coming to Docklands is Will's passion
- 10 Woman from Limehouse charged after Kill the Bill protest
“I heard the noise and saw youths in the street,” 78-year-old tenant Terry Jackson living opposite told the East London Advertiser.
“One was being put into a raised stretcher and paramedics were working on him for an hour before they rushed him off in an ambulance. The police were everywhere.”
A downstairs woman neighbour said: “A white Land Rover pulled up—then I saw about 15 men were chasing it.
“My husband said he saw the man being run over and the other men trying to get at the driver, so we rang police.”
The London Ambulance service was called at 12.30am to reports of a stabbing and sent a crew and a single responder in a car to the scene.
A spokesman said: “We treated a man at the scene and took him as a priority to a major trauma centre.”
Police were called to Frimley Way at 1.10am after a vehicle was reported “in collision with two men”.
Two injured, a man of 26, the other a teenager, were taken to hospital. The teenager was said to ne in “a critical condition”, Scotland Yard said.
Two men aged 22 and 23 were later arrested in Vallance Road—on suspicion of attempted murder. They are in custody at an east London police station while investigations continue.