Two people hurt in Mile End acid attack
- Credit: Archant
Two people are in hospital after a suspected acid attack in Mile End in the early hours of this morning.
A woman in her late thirties and a man in his mid-twenties were attacked “with a corrosive substance” in Burdett Road at 2.13am.
They are not in a life-threatening condition but both have burn injuries.
No arrests have been made, and police said “At this early stage of the investigation, this is not believed to be a hate motivated crime but all lines of enquiry remain open.”
A crime scene is still in place, with forensic officers searching for evidence.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Tower Hamlets police via 101 or via Twitter via @Metcc
You may also want to watch:
To give information anonymously call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or visit crimestoppers-uk.org
- 1 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 2 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 3 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 5 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 6 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 7 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 8 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 9 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 10 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family