Two people hurt in Mile End acid attack
- Credit: Archant
Two people are in hospital after a suspected acid attack in Mile End in the early hours of this morning.
A woman in her late thirties and a man in his mid-twenties were attacked “with a corrosive substance” in Burdett Road at 2.13am.
They are not in a life-threatening condition but both have burn injuries.
No arrests have been made, and police said “At this early stage of the investigation, this is not believed to be a hate motivated crime but all lines of enquiry remain open.”
A crime scene is still in place, with forensic officers searching for evidence.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Tower Hamlets police via 101 or via Twitter via @Metcc
You may also want to watch:
To give information anonymously call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or visit crimestoppers-uk.org
- 1 Jailed: drug dealer who rammed police with stolen car to escape
- 2 East End pays tribute to Prince Philip
- 3 Fire crews fight blaze in railway arch in Bow
- 4 Boxpark reopening in Shoreditch with face masks and Covid hygiene measures
- 5 Leyton Orient boss McAnuff full of praise for Cheltenham Town after loss
- 6 Pictures: Remembering Prince Philip's visits to east London
- 7 Housing protest at Shadwell's Watney Market over service charges hike
- 8 'Torrent of hate' stalker tweeted pictures of victim on social media
- 9 Opposing 'privatisation of NHS by stealth'
- 10 Woman from Limehouse charged after Kill the Bill protest