Two people hurt in Mile End acid attack
- Credit: Archant
Two people are in hospital after a suspected acid attack in Mile End in the early hours of this morning.
A woman in her late thirties and a man in his mid-twenties were attacked “with a corrosive substance” in Burdett Road at 2.13am.
They are not in a life-threatening condition but both have burn injuries.
No arrests have been made, and police said “At this early stage of the investigation, this is not believed to be a hate motivated crime but all lines of enquiry remain open.”
A crime scene is still in place, with forensic officers searching for evidence.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Tower Hamlets police via 101 or via Twitter via @Metcc
You may also want to watch:
To give information anonymously call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or visit crimestoppers-uk.org
- 1 Transfer round-up: Leyton Orient bring in eight as departures find new clubs
- 2 Police chief to be quizzed at East London Mosque
- 3 Leyton Orient boosted by potential returns of Smyth and Drinan for Salford trip
- 4 Man stabbed outside West India Quay DLR station
- 5 Budding east London cricketers invited to watch The Hundred
- 6 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 7 Legendary east London graffiti pub to reopen after 26 years
- 8 Things to do in east London this weekend (August 7-8)
- 9 Somali kitchen in Bethnal Green gets halal help from Amazon staff
- 10 Youngsters have put themselves in Jackett's plans at Orient says Pratley