Two youths arrested for drug offences in Bethnal Green
Two 15-year-old youths were arrested for possession of Class A drugs after being stopped by police in the street.
One of the teenage boys was found carrying more than 100 wraps of what police suspected were Class A drugs when the duo were searched in Bethnal Green Road.
The youths were both arrested for possession with intent to supply Class A drugs.
Sgt Bryon Johnson, of the Metropolitan Police, said: “If you are involved in drug dealing in Tower Hamlets, we will be seeing you soon.”
The arrests, on Monday, followed complaints of drug dealing from residents of the Turin Estate in Bethnal Green.
You may also want to watch:
The boys were bailed to return to Bethnal Green police station on September 2.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 3 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 4 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 5 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 6 No injuries but 20 rescued as firefighters tackle Limehouse blaze
- 7 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 8 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
- 9 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 10 Doctors urge Tower Hamlets mayor to end support for Silvertown Tunnel