Uninsured motorist from Whitechapel convicted of drink driving in Essex
- Credit: Archant
An uninsured motorist from Whitechapel has been revealed as a drink driver in a name and shame campaign by Essex Police.
Abdirisaq Hussien, 24, of Deancross Street, was caught driving over the legal drink drive limit in Billericay last month.
The 24-year-old was banned from driving for a year, fined £80 and ordered to pay £85 costs and a £30 victim surcharge.
He also had his driving licence endorsed for driving without insurance.
Hussien is one of 19 motorists convicted of drink driving after being arrested by officers as part of summer clampdown in Essex throughout June.
You may also want to watch:
Adam Pipe, Essex Police’s casualty reduction manager, said: “Too many people are still drink or drug driving in Essex and it puts lives at risk.
“No-one wants to be associated with the fact they have been caught and convicted of drink or drug driving and I hope this acts as a deterrent to anyone thinking about doing it.”
- 1 Man stabbed outside West India Quay DLR station
- 2 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
- 3 Transfer round-up: Leyton Orient bring in eight as departures find new clubs
- 4 Data reveals house price rises in Olympic boroughs since London 2012
- 5 Campaigners taking on town hall to keep Isle of Dogs youth club open
- 6 Police chief to be quizzed at East London Mosque
- 7 Somali kitchen in Bethnal Green gets halal help from Amazon staff
- 8 Tyrese Omotoye impresses on O's trial as Ouss Cisse looks set to depart
- 9 Eggslut food truck to bring 'edible breakfast cloud' to Shoreditch
- 10 Leyton Orient could be without key forwards for season opener at Salford