Uninsured motorist from Whitechapel convicted of drink driving in Essex
- Credit: Archant
An uninsured motorist from Whitechapel has been revealed as a drink driver in a name and shame campaign by Essex Police.
Abdirisaq Hussien, 24, of Deancross Street, was caught driving over the legal drink drive limit in Billericay last month.
The 24-year-old was banned from driving for a year, fined £80 and ordered to pay £85 costs and a £30 victim surcharge.
He also had his driving licence endorsed for driving without insurance.
Hussien is one of 19 motorists convicted of drink driving after being arrested by officers as part of summer clampdown in Essex throughout June.
You may also want to watch:
Adam Pipe, Essex Police’s casualty reduction manager, said: “Too many people are still drink or drug driving in Essex and it puts lives at risk.
“No-one wants to be associated with the fact they have been caught and convicted of drink or drug driving and I hope this acts as a deterrent to anyone thinking about doing it.”
- 1 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 2 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 3 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 4 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 5 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 6 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 7 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 8 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 9 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 10 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger