Uninsured motorist from Whitechapel convicted of drink driving in Essex
- Credit: Archant
An uninsured motorist from Whitechapel has been revealed as a drink driver in a name and shame campaign by Essex Police.
Abdirisaq Hussien, 24, of Deancross Street, was caught driving over the legal drink drive limit in Billericay last month.
The 24-year-old was banned from driving for a year, fined £80 and ordered to pay £85 costs and a £30 victim surcharge.
He also had his driving licence endorsed for driving without insurance.
Hussien is one of 19 motorists convicted of drink driving after being arrested by officers as part of summer clampdown in Essex throughout June.
Adam Pipe, Essex Police’s casualty reduction manager, said: “Too many people are still drink or drug driving in Essex and it puts lives at risk.
“No-one wants to be associated with the fact they have been caught and convicted of drink or drug driving and I hope this acts as a deterrent to anyone thinking about doing it.”
- 1 Traffic slow moving in Limehouse and Poplar due to burst water main
- 2 Single van racks up £36k of fines in Tower Hamlets
- 3 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 4 The gift of giving: Where to donate food across east London this Christmas
- 5 County lines drug dealer jailed
- 6 Weather warning issued ahead of expected gale force winds in London
- 7 Possible travel disruptions for central London this week
- 8 Delayed Canary Wharf 'portacabin' hotel hopes to open in 2022
- 9 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 10 Liveable Streets: Councillors remove some Brick Lane closures after 'backlash'