Uninsured motorist from Whitechapel convicted of drink driving in Essex
- Credit: Archant
An uninsured motorist from Whitechapel has been revealed as a drink driver in a name and shame campaign by Essex Police.
Abdirisaq Hussien, 24, of Deancross Street, was caught driving over the legal drink drive limit in Billericay last month.
The 24-year-old was banned from driving for a year, fined £80 and ordered to pay £85 costs and a £30 victim surcharge.
He also had his driving licence endorsed for driving without insurance.
Hussien is one of 19 motorists convicted of drink driving after being arrested by officers as part of summer clampdown in Essex throughout June.
You may also want to watch:
Adam Pipe, Essex Police’s casualty reduction manager, said: “Too many people are still drink or drug driving in Essex and it puts lives at risk.
“No-one wants to be associated with the fact they have been caught and convicted of drink or drug driving and I hope this acts as a deterrent to anyone thinking about doing it.”
- 1 Patient group set up over allegations of 'poor care' at Royal London
- 2 Mother and son taken to hospital during "severe" fire in Bow
- 3 Beer gardens reopening with face masks, sanitisers and cobblestones
- 4 Volunteers take food for Ramadan to neighbours on Isle of Dogs
- 5 Jailed: drug dealer who rammed police with stolen car to escape
- 6 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 7 Here's why people stay longer in the East End despite the crime
- 8 Hundreds of customers descend on reopened retailers
- 9 'Torrent of hate' stalker tweeted pictures of victim on social media
- 10 Former Bagel Factory turned into creative studios to rent out