Unprovoked attack on 72-year-old man in Bethnal Green Road
A 72-year-old man was punched in the side of a head after being set upon by a drunk man in an unprovoked attack in Bethnal Green Road on Saturday.
The victim, who was knocked over by the attack, had just left the Tesco store where he had bought shopping.
He was walking towards Squirries Street when an Asian man, believed to be around 20 years old, around 6 ft tall and wearing a white t-shirt and jeans, assaulted him at around 10.30pm.
The attacker had to be dragged away by his friends who then went on to help the elderly man, who received slight swelling to the side of his head.
Det Con Parveen Akhtar said; “This is a totally unprovoked attack and we would like to speak in confidence to anyone who witnessed this or the group of friends who assisted the victim.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should contact Mr Akhtar in the Violent Crime Unit at Limehouse Police Station on 0207 275 4546 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 3 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 4 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 5 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 6 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 7 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 8 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 9 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 10 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided