Unprovoked attack on 72-year-old man in Bethnal Green Road
A 72-year-old man was punched in the side of a head after being set upon by a drunk man in an unprovoked attack in Bethnal Green Road on Saturday.
The victim, who was knocked over by the attack, had just left the Tesco store where he had bought shopping.
He was walking towards Squirries Street when an Asian man, believed to be around 20 years old, around 6 ft tall and wearing a white t-shirt and jeans, assaulted him at around 10.30pm.
The attacker had to be dragged away by his friends who then went on to help the elderly man, who received slight swelling to the side of his head.
Det Con Parveen Akhtar said; “This is a totally unprovoked attack and we would like to speak in confidence to anyone who witnessed this or the group of friends who assisted the victim.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should contact Mr Akhtar in the Violent Crime Unit at Limehouse Police Station on 0207 275 4546 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Patient group set up over allegations of 'poor care' at Royal London
- 2 Mother and son taken to hospital during "severe" fire in Bow
- 3 Beer gardens reopening with face masks, sanitisers and cobblestones
- 4 Volunteers take food for Ramadan to neighbours on Isle of Dogs
- 5 Jailed: drug dealer who rammed police with stolen car to escape
- 6 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 7 Here's why people stay longer in the East End despite the crime
- 8 Hundreds of customers descend on reopened retailers
- 9 'Torrent of hate' stalker tweeted pictures of victim on social media
- 10 Former Bagel Factory turned into creative studios to rent out