Unprovoked attack on 72-year-old man in Bethnal Green Road
A 72-year-old man was punched in the side of a head after being set upon by a drunk man in an unprovoked attack in Bethnal Green Road on Saturday.
The victim, who was knocked over by the attack, had just left the Tesco store where he had bought shopping.
He was walking towards Squirries Street when an Asian man, believed to be around 20 years old, around 6 ft tall and wearing a white t-shirt and jeans, assaulted him at around 10.30pm.
The attacker had to be dragged away by his friends who then went on to help the elderly man, who received slight swelling to the side of his head.
Det Con Parveen Akhtar said; “This is a totally unprovoked attack and we would like to speak in confidence to anyone who witnessed this or the group of friends who assisted the victim.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should contact Mr Akhtar in the Violent Crime Unit at Limehouse Police Station on 0207 275 4546 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 2 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 3 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End
- 4 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 5 New pizza restaurant opening with drag and disco party
- 6 Why TfL won't restart the night tube on Jubilee line just yet
- 7 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 8 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 9 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 10 Police officers save lives in two sperate emergencies on same shift