UPDATE: Brick Lane attack victim in stable condition
A 23-year-old man remains in hospital following an attack in Brick Lane on Saturday but is now in a stable condition according to police.
Following the assault in the early hours of the morning, the victim was originally in a critical condition and was taken to an east London hospital with serious head injuries after being found unconscious in Pitfield Street.
Police are appealing for witnesses and searching for a male suspect, described as being black, of Somali appearance and aged between 20 and 25 years old.
He was seen leaving the area where the attack took place and then heading south along Brick Lane.
No arrests have been made and enquiries are continuing.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should call police on 020 7275 4546 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Sentencing of arms dealers set for one year after Isle of Dogs raid
- 2 Two men arrested in connection with Shadwell double stabbing
- 3 Man found with stab injuries in Stepney
- 4 Teenager suffers 'life-changing' injuries after alleged attack in Shadwell
- 5 Jailed: Robbers who targeted OAPs at east London cashpoints
- 6 Jailed: Tower Hamlets man who tried to rape another man
- 7 Man who died in Mile End park named
- 8 Leyton Orient seal first away win of the season at Bristol Rovers
- 9 Travel round-up: Road and rail disruptions this week
- 10 Joe Gallen full of praise for O's forwards in Bristol Rovers victory