UPDATE: Brick Lane attack victim in stable condition
A 23-year-old man remains in hospital following an attack in Brick Lane on Saturday but is now in a stable condition according to police.
Following the assault in the early hours of the morning, the victim was originally in a critical condition and was taken to an east London hospital with serious head injuries after being found unconscious in Pitfield Street.
Police are appealing for witnesses and searching for a male suspect, described as being black, of Somali appearance and aged between 20 and 25 years old.
He was seen leaving the area where the attack took place and then heading south along Brick Lane.
No arrests have been made and enquiries are continuing.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should call police on 020 7275 4546 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 3 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 5 Leyton Orient announce partnership with Hartford Athletic
- 6 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 7 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 8 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 9 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 10 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns