UPDATE: Brick Lane attack victim in stable condition
A 23-year-old man remains in hospital following an attack in Brick Lane on Saturday but is now in a stable condition according to police.
Following the assault in the early hours of the morning, the victim was originally in a critical condition and was taken to an east London hospital with serious head injuries after being found unconscious in Pitfield Street.
Police are appealing for witnesses and searching for a male suspect, described as being black, of Somali appearance and aged between 20 and 25 years old.
He was seen leaving the area where the attack took place and then heading south along Brick Lane.
No arrests have been made and enquiries are continuing.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should call police on 020 7275 4546 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Leyton Orient linked with Omar Beckles, Connor Wood and Paul Smyth
- 2 It's been a busy week at Leyton Orient with plenty of signings expected
- 3 Tributes paid after Tower Hamlets councillor dies at 40
- 4 Drivers fight Tower Hamlets for years over 'clamping on private land'
- 5 Docklands man pleads guilty to firearms offences
- 6 Waste bin by the Thames used as 'lifebuoy' to save marine life
- 7 Golfer to visit Canary Wharf on 'world's longest golf hole challenge'
- 8 Queen's Birthday Honours: Caterer who gave out free meals gets BEM
- 9 'Earn while you learn' new degree course for students from any background
- 10 Man 'brandishes gun' in busy Canary Wharf restaurant