Boy, 15, charged after teenager stabbed in Poplar
- Credit: Archant
A teenager will face court today after being charged in connection with a stabbing in Poplar.
The 15-year-old was arrested on suspicion of GBH yesterday (Sunday, January 12) and charged in the early hours of this morning.
He has been charged after a 16-year-old boy was stabbed in Upper North Street early yesterday morning.
The victim is in a critical but stable condition in hospital.
Enquiries continue into the circumstances. Officers from the Central East Command Unit are leading an investigation.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who has information that could assist police should call 101 ref CAD 1150/12 January.
Any young people who have information about violence or knife crime can visit www.fearless.org to pass on information anonymously.
- 1 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 2 Isle of Dogs man who murdered teenager at Crossharbour DLR sentenced to 27 years
- 3 Man charged after triple stabbing on night bus in Mile End
- 4 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 5 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 6 Why TfL won't restart the night tube on Jubilee line just yet
- 7 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 8 Police officers save lives in two sperate emergencies on same shift
- 9 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 10 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
Fearless is part of the charity Crimestoppers and is independent of the police.
- If you need help or information to support someone you suspect is involved in knife crime, or you want assistance yourself, you can visit www.knifefree.co.uk or LondonNeedsYouAlive.