Boy, 15, charged after teenager stabbed in Poplar
- Credit: Archant
A teenager will face court today after being charged in connection with a stabbing in Poplar.
The 15-year-old was arrested on suspicion of GBH yesterday (Sunday, January 12) and charged in the early hours of this morning.
He has been charged after a 16-year-old boy was stabbed in Upper North Street early yesterday morning.
The victim is in a critical but stable condition in hospital.
Enquiries continue into the circumstances. Officers from the Central East Command Unit are leading an investigation.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who has information that could assist police should call 101 ref CAD 1150/12 January.
Any young people who have information about violence or knife crime can visit www.fearless.org to pass on information anonymously.
- 1 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 2 Nine Tower Hamlets secondary schools rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 3 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 4 MP reported ex-husband to police for alleged 'harassment', trial hears
- 5 East London road and rail disruptions to travel this weekend
- 6 Man arrested following triple stabbing in Isle of Dogs
- 7 Poplar and Limehouse MP's trial on housing fraud charges set to start
- 8 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 9 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 10 No arrests after triple stabbing in Isle of Dogs
Fearless is part of the charity Crimestoppers and is independent of the police.
- If you need help or information to support someone you suspect is involved in knife crime, or you want assistance yourself, you can visit www.knifefree.co.uk or LondonNeedsYouAlive.