Boy, 15, charged after teenager stabbed in Poplar
- Credit: Archant
A teenager will face court today after being charged in connection with a stabbing in Poplar.
The 15-year-old was arrested on suspicion of GBH yesterday (Sunday, January 12) and charged in the early hours of this morning.
He has been charged after a 16-year-old boy was stabbed in Upper North Street early yesterday morning.
The victim is in a critical but stable condition in hospital.
Enquiries continue into the circumstances. Officers from the Central East Command Unit are leading an investigation.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who has information that could assist police should call 101 ref CAD 1150/12 January.
Any young people who have information about violence or knife crime can visit www.fearless.org to pass on information anonymously.
- 1 Jailed: drug dealer who rammed police with stolen car to escape
- 2 East End pays tribute to Prince Philip
- 3 Housing protest at Shadwell's Watney Market over service charges hike
- 4 Boxpark reopening in Shoreditch with face masks and Covid hygiene measures
- 5 Pictures: Remembering Prince Philip's visits to east London
- 6 Woman from Limehouse charged after Kill the Bill protest
- 7 Fire crews fight blaze in railway arch in Bow
- 8 New street market coming to Docklands is Will's passion
- 9 'Torrent of hate' stalker tweeted pictures of victim on social media
- 10 Jailed: Smash-and-grab perfume raiders get 18 years between them
Fearless is part of the charity Crimestoppers and is independent of the police.
- If you need help or information to support someone you suspect is involved in knife crime, or you want assistance yourself, you can visit www.knifefree.co.uk or LondonNeedsYouAlive.