Boy, 15, charged after teenager stabbed in Poplar
- Credit: Archant
A teenager will face court today after being charged in connection with a stabbing in Poplar.
The 15-year-old was arrested on suspicion of GBH yesterday (Sunday, January 12) and charged in the early hours of this morning.
He has been charged after a 16-year-old boy was stabbed in Upper North Street early yesterday morning.
The victim is in a critical but stable condition in hospital.
Enquiries continue into the circumstances. Officers from the Central East Command Unit are leading an investigation.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who has information that could assist police should call 101 ref CAD 1150/12 January.
Any young people who have information about violence or knife crime can visit www.fearless.org to pass on information anonymously.
- 1 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 2 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 3 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 4 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 5 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 6 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 7 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 8 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 10 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
Fearless is part of the charity Crimestoppers and is independent of the police.
- If you need help or information to support someone you suspect is involved in knife crime, or you want assistance yourself, you can visit www.knifefree.co.uk or LondonNeedsYouAlive.